Joe Satriani Patch

Hey Guys,

Looking for someone to help me out with this awesome satch patch… I just downloaded the new firmware and went to upload the Joe Satriani Dream Song 2 off of the axchange website. The patch seems to be on my axe-fx II unit but won't produce any sound. Do I need to use the Clark Kents Gift to Mankind? If so how do I go about getting it all worked out?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kyle,
The patch comes with an empty cab block. Use Axe-Edit to pull up patch and edit cab block with choice of loaded cab IRs you have saved. Let us know if this gets you to the right place to produce that wonderful sound.

Last edited:
Any chance of redoing this patch for FW 15.02?
Does not sound as good as it used to, and I don't know what to change to get it back to where it was.

Wow... I'm late to the party, but that was great tone and playing!

If this preset does get updated for FW15 I'll definitely be checking it out :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, 15 did something not kind to the patch. Tried to fix it tonight but just couldn't get there at all.

Anyone have any luck resurrecting this outstanding patch ?

Hello Everyone!

Here's my patch for Joe Satriani:

Axe-Change - Download Preset - JOE SATRIANI DREAM SONG 2 - by tonial genial

In action here:

Dream Song Cover Joe Satriani AxeFX2 - YouTube

This is a preset for joe satriani, tone from the latests albums. The IR uses for this one is the Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind, you can find it here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/78127-clark-kents-gift-mankind.html

tks a lot superman! (i use the axe fx with 2 atomic clr and it sounds awsome!)

ps: the drive block add you more drive, it improve feedback at low volume.

thanks for sharing

I'll be back at home on next friday.
I've been working on a completely new patch for satriani, restarting to 0, and i hope you will enjoy it.
I like to do a cover while posting patch, which song between rubina or flying in a blue dream would you like to see??

Rubina is a great tune... Would give a chance to explore both an overdriven lead as well as some nice clean playing.

Here's a cool live performance from Satch (pre-Valdemort days!) with Stu Hamm providing nice fretless playing too :)

http://youtu.be/sQ771rVlukA

Digging this quite a lot actually. I've always been after a dark satriani tone, im a nightmare for dialing in much too bright a tone. Looking forward to your revision. Surprised you're not using a JVM or something :)

Back
Top Bottom