Joe Satriani is using MFC 101 On His Shockwave Tour !

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hi now I saw a post on Satch facebook page about his tour, also he showed some photo of his rig there is a MFC 101, that's cool ! :), bud I'm interesting to know if he's using Axe-Fx II or FX 8 or not ??

2B3TtuO.jpg

Wonder why he needs two Vox delay pedals in front of the MFC, and how he can even use the front row of MFC switches MFC without stepping on those chicken-head knobs by accident? I'd be stomping them and moving them around (if not breaking them) constantly.

He has his own signature Marshalls so I think he's using those as amps at least. I assume he's at least not using scenes as that first row of stomps is a bit hard to reach. So.. maybe he's got an Axe-Fx doing all the more complicated effects. He has his amp channel switches and delays in the front row.

...speaking of which, that's an amp we don't have that has a pretty distinct sound. Has anyone requested it/offered theirs for modeling?

Wonder why he needs two Vox delay pedals in front of the MFC, and how he can even use the front row of MFC switches MFC without stepping on those chicken-head knobs by accident? I'd be stomping them and moving them around (if not breaking them) constantly.

He he has a short delay (350ms or so- on nearly all the time) feed into a long delay (500ms or so - on from time to time) to create a big sounding, cascading ambient delay. Sounds awesome :)

Time Machine was the nicest,warmest sounding delay pedal I ever had (before I got shot of everything to get an Axe FX rig 5 years ago). Although I'm sure it's possible, I've never been able to recreate the cascading sound of two of them wired up like that in the Axe.

Last edited:
Finally a great musician and guitar player like Satch, with his a big row of pedals joined to professional digital tone land now his wide and big row of pedals has become to a smaller row of that than before , now there is a MFC 101 and may be an Axe-Fx II, this is an interesting point that he's switching from analog to digital world.

Sorry, but (for me) it doesn't matter if Satriani uses a MFC or not.

Then why even open the thread let alone take the time to comment on it?

Sorry, but (for me) it doesn't matter if it matters to you if Satriani uses an MFC or not.

I saw Satch yesterday evening, it was one of the best live i saw !
Jiusepe is so generous with the audience, the sound was incredible and his musicians are killers.
Joe is obviously not of this earth :)

After the show i went and see the gear used : 2 jvm410 i guess (they were totally screaming the whole show), a mfc101 and 2 axefx's ! One is used for reverse delay and other effects by Joe, the other one is used by Joe's accompanying guitarist which is an incredible guitarist and keyboard player too...
What a night !

I saw Satch yesterday evening, it was one of the best live i saw !
Jiusepe is so generous with the audience, the sound was incredible and his musicians are killers.
Joe is obviously not of this earth :)

After the show i went and see the gear used : 2 jvm410 i guess (they were totally screaming the whole show), a mfc101 and 2 axefx's ! One is used for reverse delay and other effects by Joe, the other one is used by Joe's accompanying guitarist which is an incredible guitarist and keyboard player too...
What a night !

Thanks for the info dude.

Back
Top Bottom