AFIII Joe Satriani cover | lockdown jam

In 1988 I was on an aircraft carrier floating around the south China sea when a buddy handed me a CD with the Silver Surfer on the cover. I was like "what the hell is this?" I was all into hair metal and classic rock at the time, and was skeptical of a band with no singer.... until I heard the first 30 seconds of the album. After the first song I was hooked and became a huge Satriani fan. Must have played that album 1000 times that year...

Thanks guys !

I also played on an online collaboration project, a cover of John Lennon's "Imagine" by rock artists from my island :

I'm only doing the solo there (+ a rhythm track and bass guitar during the solo)

You should change your avatar. Here is a suggestion: :D
Always with me, always with you _ lockdown jam - YouTube.png
My guitar wants to kill your mama and your bridge pickup wants to kill you

Great cover. Thank you for sharing it

Last edited:
Thanks guys !

I also played on an online collaboration project, a cover of John Lennon's "Imagine" by rock artists from my island :

I'm only doing the solo there (+ a rhythm track and bass guitar during the solo)

Absolutely awesome. Really enjoyed the video. Stay Safe And keep on rocking :D

Another lockdown video... I already published this song to demonstrate the improved whammy in firmware 12.08 beta 3, this time I reamped the DI tracks without any whammy

I have really enjoyed watching you grow over the years. You have transformed into a monster! Awesome playing!

Thank you ! In fact, I have more and more pain problems with my fingers, specially the ring finger in my left hand, and right hand in general. I can't do things that were easy for me before. I compensate by trying to have more maturity in my playing, which is not always easy as I tend to be more spontaneous than thought out ;)

Left hand : not carpal tunnel but a problem with the tendon. If you watch me play, you'll see that left hand ring finger almost stuck to the others most of the time. It slows me down a lot.
At Vai Academy, I met a guy from London, a physiotherapist I think, who massaged the small bones at the finger/hand joint and it helped a lot. But it didn't last

Right hand : probably chronic inflammation.

Thanks, I'll check that !
I didn't use a Satch inspired tone myself, just one of my usual lead tones

Back
Top Bottom