Joe Satriani: Beyond the Supernova

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
The movie Joe Satriani: Beyond the Supernova was on Axs.TV the other day, so I recorded and I'm just now watching. It's very good, and lots of quick glimpses of the glowing green screen in both Joe and Mike Kenneally's rigs.

Just finished the section where Joe, Vai and Guthrie play Little Wing - so cool!

I've been a fan of Joe since the very beginning and it's a good little film.

Edit: also, the MFC-101 is shown many times!

Last edited:
I too watched it recently, however I wasn’t quite as impressed with the movie… It seemed a bit quirky in it’s editing and limited at showcasing talent/music. YMMV.

Not to belittle 30 years of achievement however; that’s quite an accomplishment. IIRC, both Joe S and Steve V were “discovered” by Cliff Culterri (from whom I purchased one of my favorite guitars, a Brondell and Thornton Nowcaster.)

Agreed, lots of FAS sightings and MFC’s on the floor.

I did enjoy the little wing trio though-that was superb. :)

I too watched it recently, however I wasn’t quite as impressed with the movie… It seemed a bit quirky in it’s editing and limited at showcasing talent/music. YMMV.

Not to belittle 30 years of achievement however; that’s quite an accomplishment. IIRC, both Joe S and Steve V were “discovered” by Cliff Culterri (from whom I purchased one of my favorite guitars, a Brondell and Thornton Nowcaster.)

Agreed, lots of FAS sightings and MFC’s on the floor.

I did enjoy the little wing trio though-that was superb. :)
To be fair, I don't think the point was to showcase the music but rather the process and mindset for Joe at this point in his career and this tour specifically.

I definitely agree that it didn't focus so much on the musical/performance aspect.

I love Joe in concert but have been rather bored with his albums since many years ago.

I love Joe in concert but have been rather bored with his albums since many years ago.
There was a period where I felt like there was a bit of "phoning it in"... But all of the albums since Mike Kenneally became involved are really good. There is a good deal more variety of styles.

I need to watch this when I get home.

There was a period where I felt like there was a bit of "phoning it in"... But all of the albums since Mike Kenneally became involved are really good. There is a good deal more variety of styles.

I hear some people say that, but man I love every album of his. He's my favorite artist alongside buckethead.

Back
Top Bottom