AFIII Joe Satriani- “Summer Song” complete cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
So I finally finished recording the song, just in time for the first day of summer this Friday. You can see the previous post I made for the solo as there are screen shots of the preset, I used Ownhammer cabs so you'll need to play around with some factory cabs. I had 2 different delays, one for the melody and solo(dual delay, 500 and 350ms with 25% mix, and a Digital Mono for the harmonics, 563ms time, 45% mix). Wah was the cry babe with default settings. I changed the amp gain from 2.45 on the melody to around 5ish for the solo, with a Tubescreamer (drive 5.8, level 5) on the whole time. Gear was my Suhr Modern and Axe-Fx III direct to Logic Pro X with no post processing.
Preset is attached in one of my responses below.

Last edited:
Very nice man! Great handling of the main melody and wah pedal, it's harder than it looks to make that one sing. A few timing glitches here and there and changing the solo up a bit which was interesting. I remember learning the damn thing note for note back in my teens haha, dont think satch ever played the solo without improvising a bit! Great job.

So I finally finished recording the song, just in time for the first day of summer this Friday. You can see the previous post I made for the solo as there are screen shots of the preset, I used Ownhammer cabs so you'll need to play around with some factory cabs. I had 2 different delays, one for the melody and solo(dual delay, 500 and 350ms with 25% mix, and a Digital Mono for the harmonics, 563ms time, 45% mix). Wah was the cry babe with default settings. I changed the amp gain from 2.45 on the melody to around 5ish for the solo, with a Tubescreamer (drive 5.8, level 5) on the whole time.
Gear was my Suhr Modern and Axe-Fx III direct to Logic Pro X with no post processing.

Holly crap man that was Awesome you nailed that!
Satriani is bad to the bone I’ve seen him by himself Tallahassee many times & with Chicken Foot at the house of blues in Atlanta stupid cool....
Man would love that setup how you have it and maybe a lesson on how to Rock :eek::D:cool:
Great Job!!!

Killer.....can you also show a screen shot of your reverb block, or just share the preset👍🏼

I'm home now before leaving for the next week, so I'll attach the preset to the next comment.
Very nice man! Great handling of the main melody and wah pedal, it's harder than it looks to make that one sing. A few timing glitches here and there and changing the solo up a bit which was interesting. I remember learning the damn thing note for note back in my teens haha, dont think satch ever played the solo without improvising a bit! Great job.

Thanks man!
Holly crap man that was Awesome you nailed that!
Satriani is bad to the bone I’ve seen him by himself Tallahassee many times & with Chicken Foot at the house of blues in Atlanta stupid cool....
Man would love that setup how you have it and maybe a lesson on how to Rock :eek::D:cool:
Great Job!!!
Thank you!!

I'm finally home before I leave for a week, here's the preset. Again I used OH IR's, so use whatever you'd like in their place. Scene 1 I used for the Main melody and solo(I just turned the gain up to like 5ish for the solo). Wah is attached to Pedal 1. Scene 2 is the delay harmonics in the beginning, middle and end.

Attachments

• Satriani Extremist.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 226
I'm finally home before I leave for a week, here's the preset. Again I used OH IR's, so use whatever you'd like in their place. Scene 1 I used for the Main melody and solo(I just turned the gain up to like 5ish for the solo). Wah is attached to Pedal 1. Scene 2 is the delay harmonics in the beginning, middle and end.

Thanks for the preset, I really appreciate it!

You rocked the crap outta it dude🤘

Thank you so much I’m really looking forward to checking this out. Man what a great sound and phenomenal player. Awesome:D:)

Which OH IR did you use? Spectacular performance Sir!

Which OH IR did you use? Spectacular performance Sir!

Thank you, I put a screen shot of them on this post https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/joe-satriani-summer-song-solo-cover.151286/
Amazing chops man. Well done. You nailed this one!

Thanks so much!
Very nice playing and the tone was great.... love the video playing in the background to haha. Nice ;)

Thank you! Yep threw the original video up in the background haha!

This is a fantastic patch with the OH cabs which I purchased today. I’ve been playing for hours with this goofy smile...thank you Maestro! Your work and art are greatly appreciated!

This is a fantastic patch with the OH cabs which I purchased today. I’ve been playing for hours with this goofy smile...thank you Maestro! Your work and art are greatly appreciated!
Oh awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed them! Thanks for the kind words!

Back
Top Bottom