AFIII Joe Satriani- “Summer Song” complete cover

So I finally finished recording the song, just in time for the first day of summer this Friday. You can see the previous post I made for the solo as there are screen shots of the preset, I used Ownhammer cabs so you'll need to play around with some factory cabs. I had 2 different delays, one for the melody and solo(dual delay, 500 and 350ms with 25% mix, and a Digital Mono for the harmonics, 563ms time, 45% mix). Wah was the cry babe with default settings. I changed the amp gain from 2.45 on the melody to around 5ish for the solo, with a Tubescreamer (drive 5.8, level 5) on the whole time. Gear was my Suhr Modern and Axe-Fx III direct to Logic Pro X with no post processing.
Preset is attached in one of my responses below.

Amazing playing and you nailed… I just love to know how you set up your wha wha. I just have the Axe Fx 2 XL Plus. Can you help. Thanks a lot

Amazing playing and you nailed… I just love to know how you set up your wha wha. I just have the Axe Fx 2 XL Plus. Can you help. Thanks a lot
Thank you! This was a few years ago, but I can guarantee you it was stock settings. I have a Mission Engineering SP-1 expression pedal that I used to record this. When I'd play it live, I just set a modifier assigned to LFO1A so I wouldn't have to use the pedal.

That’s killer, man! Thanks for sharing the preset, appreciate it. I thought I had every OH pack there was, but I’m missing the Fman, lol! Going to pick that up and wail on some Satch this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom