Joe Perry 2020 Rig Explanation By Bob Bradshaw

AndrewJay

Inspired
I thought this was an interesting rig breakdown. Basically, Joe is in a situation where he wants to create a more studio experience onstage. In the video Bob Bradshaw explains the reason for this and how it is accomplished. As an Axe FX user, it's pretty cool knowing how a 3 space rack unit can accomplish the complexity of Joe's rig in such a (by comparison) simple way. While I don't think Joe would ever utilize an Axe FX, at least for live use, this rig and the idea behind it really showcases how how versatile and powerful a tool it is.

Last edited:
A pro not going for "amp in the room"? :) Agree - this would be a much, much smaller rig (and sound better I'm sure) if he'd just use an Axe-Fx III. I guess this kept Bob Bradshaw busy for a few days/weeks. Would be awesome to have @Admin M@ walk in and replicate all of this in a half a day and do blind shootout.

Well look at the rig Dweezil Zappa went from to the III rig, perfect example of what the AXFX's can do

Reactions: ESW
I thought this was an interesting rig breakdown. Basically, Joe is in a situation where he wants to create a more studio experience onstage. In the video Bob Bradshaw explains the reason for this and how it is accomplished.
As an Axe FX user, it's pretty cool knowing how a 3 space rack unit can accomplish the complexity of Joe's rig in such a (by comparison) simple way. While I don't think Joe would ever utilize an Axe FX, at least for live use, this rig and the idea behind it really showcases how how versatile and powerful a tool it is.

I am sure it's a mono setup for FOH. :D

I have an interesting story to tell about this but I would never put it online
I won't pry. Joe certainly seems more open than other guitarists of his generation to embrace whatever gets the job done than to just stick to a small comfort zone. That is to his credit.

Checked it out. Pretty elaborate rig. Joe has bucks and people to move his stuff around. Always been a big fan. It does seem you could do this all with the Axe. Just a guess here, because the Axe doesn't have a Klon he did this instead :sunglasses:

These kinds of systems have been around for a long time. I think outside of which side of the fence you are on - Dig or Anl, I find it interesting with all the switching his system, the board has handwritten labels! lol

Back
Top Bottom