Dynamic1022

Inspired
I hope you enjoy:).

Just tried to record Joe Bonamassa's Drive from the album "Blues of desperation".
( I,m taken lessons for about one year now)
The solo is at 2:28 min
I hope soon to do a complete version of this song with vocals.

The presets are created by myself
The preset is based on Fender 59 Bassman
The preset for the solo is based on a Fender Deluxe Reverb

Gear used:

Fractal AXE FX 2 XL+ with firmware 10.01
Fender standard Stratocaster USA HSS with custom Fat 50's ( For this song only using the neck pickup)
Ernie Ball Super Slinky Cobalt 9-42
Dunlop Primetone John Petrucci Jazz III
Gibson Pure premium guitarcable
Audacity for recording.
Backing track from Joe's Jam track channel

Thanks for listening and feel free to leave a comment or like the song.

Greetings,

David
The Netherlands

Very good take and easy to listen to! For only having 1 year of lessons you have done a pretty decent job!

EDIT: Removed a comment I made about the backing track as I realised you have used Joe's original track. Oddly it sounds very heavy in reverb to me but it might be my cheap mono headset that I am using.

Thanks for the nice comment.
I used the jam track from his youtube channel. It is some kind of backing track. Joe does play at the back
I only using the London plate as Reverb. The sound is so rich/full ( Don't know if you say it that way) because of the amp.
For this preset i used a Fender 59 Bassman. This was actually a Bass amp but was and is very often used by guitarplayers.

The Bassman is a super amp and I have used it a couple of times myself. I find a really nice way to practice lead/solos like that are to also find a good live video where Joe plays a slightly different version of his lead bits, then you jam along with him in the video. It adds a bit more room for you to experiment with and try different things.
I was very lucky to meet up with him at the Apollo here in London and he is such a good, friendly guy! Definitely has so much knowledge on playing guitar and where to place specific riffs/licks.

Thanks for your nice comment. It is different than from the album.
Joe plays it different now than on the album. A song is always evolving.
Sometimes it is nice to put a bit flavour of yourself in to it. Joe is absolutley a briljant player
He breaths music. He is using his guitar to talk or sing for him.

Back
Top Bottom