Jimmy Eat World uses 5 Axe-FX III

rickboot

Fractal Fanatic
https://www.guitarworld.com/feature...rings-will-do-for-jim-adkins-signature-fender

pmtGYArkH6b9Qy2pH2As33-970-80.jpg

They rave about the III, but mention an issue: "some of the notes just kinda fizzle out weird".

Maybe Matt can steer them straight.

Good read! I’ve seen these guys several times live, including at least once since they switched to using Axe FX. Great show, great sound .
They rave about the III, but mention an issue: "some of the notes just kinda fizzle out weird".
That could just be more about the switch to not having live cabs on stage.

Good read! I’ve seen these guys several times live, including at least once since they switched to using Axe FX. Great show, great sound .

That could just be more about the switch to not having live cabs on stage.
I was thinking it may be gate settings, but yeah, if they don't have sound hitting the strings it will affect sustain.

My favorite quote from the article: "[With this] you are not killing the person in the front with the half-stack in their face. It’s funny, we used to play basements, carrying around two half-stacks and the Ampeg refrigerator, like, what the f were we doing!?"

I was thinking it may be gate settings, but yeah, if they don't have sound hitting the strings it will affect sustain.

I know this is an old quote, but yeah, they have some really aggressive gating going on. Almost on the threshold of too much, but if it were any less, I don't think they'd be able to do the show the same way and it'd be a feedback nightmare. The gear nerd in me heard it because I was watching what he was playing (or not playing, more importantly), but I doubt most of the crowd did.

I didn't know they used Fractal stuff until after seeing this show, and I didn't know they used Fractal stuff during it either. Some of the gating and phase effects made me think so, but in my mind that's a testament to how well this gear just works and makes the show better for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom