Jimi Hendrix!

try Scene 4 of the preset ElectricBuddyLand v12 and turn on both drives....I think its pretty close if u got the chops to pull off a decent Jimi.

That’s the key right there, the chops.

Jimi was playing pretty off the shelf stuff for the most part, and it’s not too difficult to make a good fuzz face etc. Essentially millions of guitarist have had everything it takes from a gear standpoint to sound like Jimi, but there still has been only one Jimi.

Jimi could grab a Mexican Strat, some cheap Dunlop “authentic” Hendrix pedals and sound like himself and kill it. I’ve bought all that stuff and I don’t......feel if any of us do, which is why there is and will be only one Jimi Hendrix

I took the Austin Buddy FX_III_1400 + Naked_Amps_TonePack
I can't find this sound.
I'm sorry.
There are several examples of this tone in the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack firmware v12.x (now available for download to existing customers) "BONUS Bank" section. These presets sound even better with the new FAS Uni-vibe model too!

Try the bonus banks's "Band of Gypsys" preset first - that has the hall reverb you hear in this. The "Arc Angel" preset with the Univibe turned on will also get you very close.

Neck pickup, use the face fuzz drive block in the presets, but turn down your guitar volume knob to dial it in -- Jimi was a MASTER at doing that to elicit all kinds of tonal shades based on where he put his guitar's volume knob.

Check out the Octavia fuzz in this too, also used on Machine Gun and others.

Enjoy!

Also -- here's a tutorial video I did on dialing in a preset to get the amp sound from the first album Jimi (in London) - the R U Experienced tones.

You can add a Univibe block to this sound get close to what you are looking -- but the 1400+ Naked Amps for Axe-Fx III basically has these presets in it. These are more studio sounds than live sounds however -- they match the album and are a little bright (like the album)

Last edited:
Whoops sorry! Didn't see that.👍 I've read that he used 10, 13, 15!!, 26, 32, 38. I Tried it a bit and it sounded pretty good for the hendrix stuff.
Those are the string guages, pure nickel and tuned to Eb that I used on the ‘64 RI 50th anniversary Strat in that video I posted... so easy to bend strings this way!

I don’t know how anyone could play strings that light.. seems like you’d need such a delicate touch and even pick attack for that matter without making the initial picking of the string ring slightly sharp. I guess it’s what ya get used to but man, seems like it be hard to control.

@austinbuddy I reworked this preset for a LP based off your suggestions here, sounds really good. I have the Rewirez Big Box, would you be willing to share your recipe for the G12H?

@austinbuddy I reworked this preset for a LP based off your suggestions here, sounds really good. I have the Rewirez Big Box, would you be willing to share your recipe for the G12H?
It is in the video?

G12

In Cab Lab:

It is an M160 at zero - probably Cap
MD 421 at -3 - try for cone
SM 57 at -10 try for cone

Last but important - a U67 room mic 10 feet+ away, at zero

My mix of this Jimi IR is part of Naked Ampa or Dream Rigs TonePack I sell.

It is in the video?

G12

In Cab Lab:

It is an M160 at zero - probably Cap
MD 421 at -3 - try for cone
SM 57 at -10 try for cone

Last but important - a U67 room mic 10 feet+ away, at zero

My mix of this Jimi IR is part of Naked Ampa or Dream Rigs TonePack I sell.
That's the G12M20. I saw you have a mix for the G12H30 speaker, that's the one I'm inquiring about, thx!

Back
Top Bottom