Jimi Hendrix 70th

For the US folks who cant see the first video, here is another one. Not the same video at all but one of my favourites from Winterland.

Reactions: Ole
Yesterday evening I went from one country to another to watch this. Not quite as drastic as it sounds as it is only fifteen miles to the next cinema across the border.

If you get a chance to see this on the big screen its worth it I think for the (no pun intended) experience.

Reactions: Ole
Thank you admin m@. that one went straight into my heart. like nature and beauty does. romance. mmh. I'm done.

I wonder if he would be so popular today if he was alive. Both Satriani and Yngwie have been quoted that his death is what lead them to play guitar. Without Satch would there Vai or Hammett made it? The landscape could have turned out much differently.

I wonder if he would be so popular today if he was alive. Both Satriani and Yngwie have been quoted that his death is what lead them to play guitar. Without Satch would there Vai or Hammett made it? The landscape could have turned out much differently.

I guess we will never know for sure how things would have turned out but the influence of Hendrix was great even on those artists who met him.

I will always remember Hendrix's. birthday while at Berklee. There was a professor there who had a huge collection of Hendrix videos. On Jimi's birthday they would run them in the performance center for 24 hours straight. You could just walk in any time and stay as long as you wanted.

There were some very rare clips i've never seen since. It was really something to look forward to every year.

This is one of the most memorable Jimi moments for me. I remember seeing this 2 hour long documentary in my early teens. I recorded it on Vcr and replayed it over and over. I watched this so many times that I actually still know most of the dialogue by heart. This part was always my favorite part:

:)

Back
Top Bottom