Jim the Pigeon

I once had a possum in my house for like 4 days. My roommate at the time found the little dude on the stove (I left some food out) and took a video of him just sitting there like it ain't no thang. My roommate was from China and had never seen an animal like this so he called me up and asked simply "Do we have a pet?"

One morning, he managed to make his way into my bedroom at like 5 AM and I managed to trap him in a cage I got from a local vet and I did what any reasonable adult would do. I started filming a talk show:

For the note, feral pigeons are usually suffering from couple diseases and treatment offer a nice break even if these disease are not dangerous for human. If you can, you can treat him with https://www.harkersonline.co.uk/product/treatments/pigeon-tablet-treatment/ and will get rid of typical feral diseases.
Also check feet as they may be entangled with human hair .. and lead to loss of toes: untangling help them conserving toes ☺️
Sauce: I rehab birds and I am owned by corvids, raptors and poultry 😁

My wife opened the garage door to take some stuff out. Next thing the pigeon is in the garage. She had to shoo it out of the garage. I went out a bit later and opened the garage door and the pigeon was waiting outside and it came right in. I bet if I opened the front door the pigeon would stroll right in. This bird is the most chill wild animal I've ever encountered.

We had the same, but with a reindeer.
PSX_20200818_200429.jpg

I have a habit of naming whatever animals get into my house. First there was a mouse in the kitchen I named Mr. Muffins. The next one was Mr. Pancake. Subsequent mice I also named Mr. Pancake because I can't be sure that he didn't get an Uber back to my place after I let him out around the block 2 or 3 times. Then there was the possum, Gilbert (shown above) and most recently I found a baby racoon in my fireplace a week ago that I named Herman.

I've become so used to random animals in my house that when I hear pitter-patter in the attic every other morning, my first thought is "Kids pipe down. Daddy's trying to sleep." I live alone and I have no children so I have no explanation as to where that comes from.

We had the same, but with a reindeer.
View attachment 71555
We had a squirrel that we found as a baby and rescued from certain death in the road, back when dirt was rocks....

FB_IMG_1597789322666.jpg

In college I was in a frat (an especially nerdy frat). One night late in the summer a few of us were lounging around in the 2nd floor bar area, drinking and gabbing. No AC in the house, so we had all the windows open. Suddenly a goddamn BAT flies in. We all jump put of our seats shrieking like a bunch of scared little girls. The animal control lady who came over to get it was thoroughly amused by us cowering behind the furniture.

My wife opened the garage door to take some stuff out. Next thing the pigeon is in the garage. She had to shoo it out of the garage. I went out a bit later and opened the garage door and the pigeon was waiting outside and it came right in. I bet if I opened the front door the pigeon would stroll right in. This bird is the most chill wild animal I've ever encountered.

This problem reminded me of Tom Lehrer’s “Poisoning Pigeons in the Park” song.

Maybe 6 months ago, I went down to the basement and there was a rabbit, just sitting there. Thing is, there's no way in or out of there, except a ventilation tube that opens out 5 feet off the floor. He must have pushed the cover open and climbed in, then fell into the basement and had no way to get out. I rented a no-kill trap, put some greens and carrots in there, he was in there next morning. Took him to the nearby woods and let him go.

We have several of these guys who hang around and help us when we're working in the yard.

View attachment 71565
I have a few of these guys around my place, one I have named cooper because of his weird call. Vicious birds for sure! he will sit under a tree and ambush the little birds at the feeder, lizards and snakes obviously on the menu. The most bizarre thing I have seen him eat are the baby squirrels!

Back
Top Bottom