Jim Root playing AXE live!

I really dig Jim's playing. I know a lot of people like to hate on Slipknot -- I am a fan of them personally, but I get it if they're not your cup of tea. I actually like some of Stone Sour's stuff (Come Whatever May especially) better than Slipknot. But regardless of your feelings about Slipknot, the dude's a good player. Nice to see him join the club.

Sweet! I couldn't agree more, he's a killer player whether or not you're into Slipknot (I'm kinda "meh" on them. I appreciate them but not an active listener). Great guy too.

This pic and vid speak LOUDLY for fractal! Considering how pro-tube amp and "analog" JR claims to be in past rig rundowns, gear vids etc.... Especially now using it for his live rig! No Rockerverb or Orange head appear to be in the vicinity.

I wonder if Josh is going to come over to the dark side and substitute his H&K Triamp for an AXE 2! :)

I got to play with Jim last Monday in DsM and his tone was amazing. We go back a ways and it was good to see him sporting the Fx-2 as well. When I asked him about it he said he really liked using it and was excited to "get into it more". He was using 2 orange 4x12 loaded with vintages. I forgot what power amp he was using though...:/ Killer set by the way. Josh needs to come to the dark side indeed. :)

I got to play with Jim last Monday in DsM and his tone was amazing. We go back a ways and it was good to see him sporting the Fx-2 as well. When I asked him about it he said he really liked using it and was excited to "get into it more". He was using 2 orange 4x12 loaded with vintages. I forgot what power amp he was using though...:/ Killer set by the way. Josh needs to come to the dark side indeed. :)
His rack looks exactly like mine with GT1000FX Matrix power amp at the bottom of his rack 4U unit.. I can tell by this violetlight in the middle of power amp..Even two top blue LCD looks like mine Audio Technica wireless and MEI100 by LD system :)

Rack items:
-Audio Technica AEW-R5200 Wireless Receiver (I'm pretty sure, i got the same)
-Axe FX 2 (Obviously)
-Matrix GT800FX (acording to a jim reply on instagram about the exact picture on the first post).

I wonder if he is using the Citrus RV50 amp with any extra eq,od or just another amp sim...

Back
Top Bottom