JHS SuperBolt dialed in (block included)

dicXjonesify

Inspired
I’ve owned and loved the V1 JHS SuperBolt for a long time. Great, unique overdrive pedal, which is not an easy thing to come by haha.

When I went full on FM9, I sold off my whole board. My SuperBolt was going to be the only one I kept but after doing some stuff side by sides for an hour or so, I came up with this. To me, all the most important elements of the tone and feel are there. If you have missed the SuperBolt like me, try adding this block into your FM9-Edit Library.

Sorry the clip is pretty tame. It was originally made for my P&W brethren 😀😅

Place this file under: (for Mac)Documents/Fractal Audio/FM9-Edit/blocks/drive

Attachments

• SuperBolt V1_20220206_100929.zip
    846 bytes · Views: 208
Last edited:
Love the tone you've created.
Have you shared this preset? Or is it just the drive block?
Thanks! This is just the drive block.
I could probably share the preset. It’s a bit extravagant on the amps and cabs haha. Dual amps because I prefer (stereo) wet effects before the amp and using all 4 UltraRes cabs! I’ve also got this one drive, compressor, delay and reverb. Not a ton of DSP left after that.

Thanks! This is just the drive block.
I could probably share the preset. It’s a bit extravagant on the amps and cabs haha. Dual amps because I prefer (stereo) wet effects before the amp and using all 4 UltraRes cabs! I’ve also got this one drive, compressor, delay and reverb. Not a ton of DSP left after that.
Oh that would be great if you shared it! This seems to be the tone ive been searching/trying to make for my Hagstrom hollow body... Love the dual amp setups. Are the cabs factory?

This is cool but the term "Tone Match" refers to the use of the "Tone Match" block in the Axe-Fx III. This is a "dialed in Drive block". I'm going to change the subject of the thread.

@dicXjonesify I put this into the preset I'm using for this week and it works great!
I have it loaded in my Axe FX III.
I'm using channel A as a slight gain boost and it really works well! I'm using the Morgan AC-20 as the amp.
I didn't change one parameter. So nice job man!

@dicXjonesify I put this into the preset I'm using for this week and it works great!
I have it loaded in my Axe FX III.
I'm using channel A as a slight gain boost and it really works well! I'm using the Morgan AC-20 as the amp.
I didn't change one parameter. So nice job man!
Sweet! Thanks for reporting back, man. I’ve had a few people message directly but it’s nice to know it’s working out for people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom