JFC. The F12 is such an infuriating speaker.

Haha! That dudes inner critic needs a strait-jacket.

I love how he is playing a taped up guitar he obviously smashed to bit earlier.

I am not one to blame your parents, but his clearly fucked up somewhere along the way. :)
Reminds me of a dude I used to play Nintendo with back in the 90s. He was a grown man and had even been in the navy. We were playing side pocket and he would seriously hit himself, throw shit at the TV, throw his controller, and all shit. We would ask him to play just so we could watch him freak out. Lol

Update.

Worked on my levels and gain staging. At home; the Camplifier 180 and the F12 112 combo rig are RIDICULOUSLY LOUD. At practice or gigging; not so much. Just not enough headroom and volume on tap. If I am going to gig this speaker; it's going to be in a 212 format so I can have enough power to push some air. We are nowhere NEAR a loud band; but I feel like I am pushed to the limit at this point with what I am using. It could be a more efficient cabinet design might help a bit? At this point; it is what it is till I decide which way to go.

A couple of guys here like to go on about the "Celestion spec cab" because of that ported 1x12 they posted. I have no idea why, as Celestion themselves have a series of videos using this speaker in ALL KINDS OF CABS with great results :) I'm about to try them in a vertical 2x12 with a Matrix power amp. From what I've gathered, having a good high power amp to drive it is more important than the type of cab.

A couple of guys here like to go on about the "Celestion spec cab" because of that ported 1x12 they posted. I have no idea why, as Celestion themselves have a series of videos using this speaker in ALL KINDS OF CABS with great results :) I'm about to try them in a vertical 2x12 with a Matrix power amp. From what I've gathered, having a good high power amp to drive it is more important than the type of cab.
Directly from Celestion website.
Screenshot_20210906-071107~2.png
Why would you not want to get the most out of the speakers full range capability?? I would have much rather just bought a cheap 1x12 cab off of eBay and slapped it in rather than building a couple. Also, if you dig around on the net there are quite a few people that have had problems loading these in random cabinets and also a guy recently posted about how much better it sounded once he actually put it in a spec cab. Even Zilla cabs started offering a "spec" cab for this speaker after people had issues with putting it in one of their standard 1x12.

View attachment 88204
Why would you not want to get the most out of the speakers full range capability?? I would have much rather just bought a cheap 1x12 cab off of eBay and slapped it in rather than building a couple. Also, if you dig around on the net there are quite a few people that have had problems loading these in random cabinets and also a guy recently posted about how much better it sounded once he actually put it in a spec cab. Even Zilla cabs started offering a "spec" cab for this speaker after people had issues with putting it in one of their standard 1x12.
You should build spec cabs for others

View attachment 88204

Did you or did you not see Celestion themselves jam these speakers into (among other things) a couple of 4x12's with great results? lol

Sure if you want a 1x12, make it a bass reflex cab.

Loading them in a cheap cab with an underpowered power amp will obviously give less than stellar results.

I thought about it but shipping is crazy expensive and there are already guys doing it.
Like who is building them for sale?

I heard that Zilla sells cabs loaded with the FX200, but I didn't see them on their site. They do have a ported 1x12, $680 unloaded if I'm not mistaken.

Did you or did you not see Celestion themselves jam these speakers into (among other things) a couple of 4x12's with great results? lol

Sure if you want a 1x12, make it a bass reflex cab.

Loading them in a cheap cab with an underpowered power amp will obviously give less than stellar results.
Of course I saw those videos. Lol. I'm sure they sound great. Will it match the response curve they advertise without applying an EQ? Idk. I do know a celestion spec cab paired with a powerful amp yields Great results. The reasons I recommend a spec cab is I know it sounds great and there's obviously a reason celestion released a design specific for this speaker. I would assume they had done extensive testing when developing the f12. Honestly....I could care less what you put your speakers in. Hell buy a couple $10 old pioneer speakers off craigslist and give that a go if you like.😂 Please share your results with us ☺️ I however won't recommend to others to put these in random cabs without personally knowing the results. I've read too many posts saying these speakers can be finicky with some cabs. I will eventually build two more and run two "mini stacks" in stereo.

Edit: For the record those videos were released YEARS after the spec build recommendation was released and months after I built my cabs.

Last edited:
Of course I saw those videos. Lol. I'm sure they sound great. Will it match the response curve they advertise without applying an EQ? Idk. I do know a celestion spec cab paired with a powerful amp yields Great results. The reasons I recommend a spec cab is I know it sounds great and there's obviously a reason celestion released a design specific for this speaker. I would assume they had done extensive testing when developing the f12. Honestly....I could care less what you put your speakers in. Hell buy a couple $10 old pioneer speakers off craigslist and give that a go if you like.😂 Please share your results with us ☺️ I however won't recommend to others to put these in random cabs without personally knowing the results. I've read too many posts saying these speakers can be finicky with some cabs. I will eventually build two more and run two "mini stacks" in stereo.

Edit: For the record those videos were released YEARS after the spec build recommendation was released and months after I built my cabs.

Then say that you tried it that way and it worked for you. All this speculative nonsense you're spouting is just that - nonsense.

Celestion posted a cab recommendation because people were asking for cab specs (and a long time ago at that). A ported 1x12 makes sense as it will sound a bit bigger.

Subsequently you have seen guys like Michael Nielsen love it in a 1x12 open back. You have seen Celestion vids where they run them in all kinds of cabs and combinations, which is obviously just as strong an endorsement. In addition you can try emailing Celestion support and see what they recommend, as they did to me, that this speaker will work just fine in almost any sort of cab, and to experiment whether or not I like it more in open or closed back enclosures.

Setting the low res frequency of the speaker in your amp modeler to 75hz across the board seems pretty asinine to me. Find the resonant frequency of the whole cab and speaker by running low sine wave and stop when you feel the room start shaking.

It's no wonder you're excited about them though, coming from something as bad as the headrush monitors. Even an old Peavey Bandit sounds 10x better than anything you could ever get out of those crappy things.

Then say that you tried it that way and it worked for you. All this speculative nonsense you're spouting is just that - nonsense.

Celestion posted a cab recommendation because people were asking for cab specs (and a long time ago at that). A ported 1x12 makes sense as it will sound a bit bigger.

Subsequently you have seen guys like Michael Nielsen love it in a 1x12 open back. You have seen Celestion vids where they run them in all kinds of cabs and combinations, which is obviously just as strong an endorsement. In addition you can try emailing Celestion support and see what they recommend, as they did to me, that this speaker will work just fine in almost any sort of cab, and to experiment whether or not I like it more in open or closed back enclosures.

Setting the low res frequency of the speaker in your amp modeler to 75hz across the board seems pretty asinine to me. Find the resonant frequency of the whole cab and speaker by running low sine wave and stop when you feel the room start shaking.

It's no wonder you're excited about them though, coming from something as bad as the headrush monitors. Even an old Peavey Bandit sounds 10x better than anything you could ever get out of those crappy things.
For your information I also used the Axefx3 thru a full Yamaha PA system. Tried the headrush and studio monitors too...and with my buddies Randall stack. So I've tried a few solutions and for the money this is my preferred solution. Setting the low res to 75 just seemed to help tighten the low end in my situation probably cuz I was using spec cabs and that's what the spec sheet on the speaker says....so there's that. Ive even linked Leon's video on finding the low res frequency in a recent post. As with anything YMMV. All I've ever tried to do is be helpful and relay my experience with the product. Ive even offered to donate tools and time to help people build these if they were local or just to come by and check them out. As far as posting the funny stuff messing with @JiveTurkey....man I've had multiple conversations with jive and have followed his journey since these speakers were announced. He knows I'm just playing with him. If anyone is spewing anything it's you and your attitude which is really uncalled for. Did someone run over your dog or something?

Last edited:

Good grief! if you want to help the community, put them in your vertical 2x12 and share your experience here.

Sorry. Wasn't trying to start any sort of pile on. Other than for my irritation about the speaker in question :(

I think the key with these speakers is to drive a bunch of them with plenty of power on tap. The spec cab would be nice; but I don't have one nor do I have the skills to build one. And that's ok. My concerns have mainly been about volume and finding the power amp "solution" that works for me.

Sorry. Wasn't trying to start any sort of pile on. Other than for my irritation about the speaker in question :(

I think the key with these speakers is to drive a bunch of them with plenty of power on tap. The spec cab would be nice; but I don't have one nor do I have the skills to build one. And that's ok. My concerns have mainly been about volume and finding the power amp "solution" that works for me.
If you were local I'd for sure help you build one brother. Don't give up on it cuz it really is a great speaker for not alot of money.
🤘😜

Back
Top Bottom