JFC. The F12 is such an infuriating speaker.

Is 325W @ 8ohms out of the gt1000fx enough for the X200?
It should be? Honestly, the way forward for this, to me; is to use a multiple of the F12s with plenty of power. It never feels quite loud enough using a single speaker. Could be user error but so far it has been very picky.

This rig worked out great. 2x12 with Celestion F12-X200 speakers. Matrix GT 1000 FX in stereo mode. Running with cab sim and power amp modeling on. Patches sound pretty much identical to what comes out of the PA, but the feel is that of a regular cab. I much prefer this to my Atomic CLR.

View attachment 88804
Nice! I had the Matrix GT800. It was harsh sounding and fairly noisy. A lot of people have great luck with the Matrix stuff so it's pretty much just me. Unsurprisingly :/

I did some work with my go to preset and I think I've sorted the problem. I'd still want more power for more than 1 F12. A continuing journey, if you will :)

This rig worked out great. 2x12 with Celestion F12-X200 speakers. Matrix GT 1000 FX in stereo mode. Running with cab sim and power amp modeling on. Patches sound pretty much identical to what comes out of the PA, but the feel is that of a regular cab. I much prefer this to my Atomic CLR.
I see your AFIII is next to a soldering iron. Have you been tinkering around to see if you can add more NVM? :)

Back
Top Bottom