Jensen Expert Talks Guitar Speakers

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
I'm not sure if someone already posted this, but in case not ...

Here's some straight talk from the manufacturer. He debunks some myths, gives some recommendations and talks about speaker non-linearity, generating harmonics, and dynamic compression.

Thanks. This contains some very enjoyable stories as well as useful information.
It made me want to learn more about the physical properties of the speakers we use in IR format (magnet type, coil type, membrane details, dust cap size, etc.). You too can be a speaker nerd! He also reinforces the antidotes to some speaker myths that @FractalAudio has educated us about.

Edit 1: I also wonder which if any of our Deluxe IRs might have the JBL E-120 that he mentions.

Edit 2: I'd like to try the other speakers that the host mentions: Tornado, Night Hawk, Electric Lightning, and Raptor.

Last edited:
Thanks. This contains some very enjoyable stories as well as useful information.
It made me want to learn more about the physical properties of the speakers we use in IR format (magnet type, coil type, membrane details, dust cap size, etc.). You too can be a speaker nerd! He also reinforces the antidotes to some speaker myths that @FractalAudio has educated us about.

Edit 1: I also wonder which if any of our Deluxe IRs might have the JBL E-120 that he mentions.

Edit 2: I'd like to try the other speakers that the host mentions: Tornado, Night Hawk, Electric Lightning, and Raptor.
Kohle featured the Tornado Stealth in this video. The tones may not be up your alley, but I thought it sounded good:

Back
Top Bottom