JEM 10th Anniversary with new pickups, SLO 100 and OH V3 cabs....WOW

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
Since I have my Les Paul's now I didn't like the sound of the evolution pu's anymore and got some new ones now fro Motor City Pickup. With the Soldano SLO 100 tonematch from Dimebucker and EDVH OH V3 cabs the JEM sounds now huge and full for heavy stuff. I did a quick little clip just before rehearsal last night....WOW

Good move. I never liked the Evolutions when I owned a JEM. Too hi-fi, no 'vibe' (for my taste).

Well Yek, the JEM sounded nice for over 16 years with my real SLO 100 and two 4x12 marshall cabs, but I'm 66 now and couldn't bare the weight to cary around anymore and about 3 years ago I saw some You Tube clips of Mr. Mark Day and i was sold to the Axe. I've sold all my normal tube gear and bloody happy. Even in the bedromm i can rock the "Albert Hall" :lol

Great stuff. I loaded both my PRS guitars with Motor City Pickups from Wade and they are *perfect* now.

What pickups did you put in the Jem?

I have been thinking about different pick ups for my gem.i bought it to have a guitar with Floyd rose as I have been playing mostly lp since the sixties.always found the gem sound to lack personality but loved the playability of the guitar.
I would like to hear what pickups you have because they sound nice and warm

The pickups are called: Afwayu and are handwired and as Scott says, Wade at Motor City Pickup is a nice guy and very helpfull in choosing the right pickup and makes them sound like you want it to be....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom