Jellyfish..... Revisited.

I agree! Jellyfish was incredible, reminds me of Toy Matinee a little in the fact that they also had incredible talent and never seemed to take off either.

Loved both albums. I saw this video when Warren posted it. Enjoyed it greatly. Passed it on to several friends who were also into them.

Andy Sturmer's experience with the "music industry" was so bad that he didn't want to
reform a pseudo-Jellyfish project with the rest of the original members??? :(

"As of 2015, he refuses all requests for interviews about his past or current work.[13] That year, Manning commented in an interview that the reason Jellyfish has never reunited was mostly due to Sturmer's "lack of interest". "

Somehow I'd never heard of Jellyfish, but wow that was cool! Such a cool record, will definitely check it out more. Great songs and arrangements, and wonderful sounds all over the place. So cool. I'm in.

Oh what the hell. Pulled these out of the archive. About a dozen years ago a couple of internet buddies and I on another forum shared our love of Jellyfish by collaborating across the miles on a couple of their tunes--Fan Club and She Still Loves Him. All I did was the guitars and let the other two do the heavy lifting--the amazing Mike Walters on ALL vocals and bass, and the late great Brad Preston did the drum programming and all keys. Not perfect, but they were sure fun to do.

Loved this band. Saw them open for the Black Crowes, and totally stole the show. They came up to do backing vocals on one of the Crowes' tunes in their set. Stellar band....

There are a few “unofficial” recordings around of a band called Sweet Pickle Salad which are recordings of Chris Robinson and Marc Ford of the Crowes and Roger Manning and Andy Sturmer of Jellyfish. Interesting stuff.

Jellyfish was one of those random finds for me. I came across a thread about them on TGP several years ago. I watched a few videos on YouTube and then purchased both albums. Their albums were so solid with great songs end to end.

Oh what the hell. Pulled these out of the archive. About a dozen years ago a couple of internet buddies and I on another forum shared our love of Jellyfish by collaborating across the miles on a couple of their tunes--Fan Club and She Still Loves Him. All I did was the guitars and let the other two do the heavy lifting--the amazing Mike Walters on ALL vocals and bass, and the late great Brad Preston did the drum programming and all keys. Not perfect, but they were sure fun to do.

Nice job!

There are a few “unofficial” recordings around of a band called Sweet Pickle Salad which are recordings of Chris Robinson and Marc Ford of the Crowes and Roger Manning and Andy Sturmer of Jellyfish. Interesting stuff.
Well that's interesting...

Back
Top Bottom