Jeff Beck tone?!

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Just play around with Plexi50W High + 4x12 Basketweave Green Mix and my Strat and thought by myself ... hmmm, ... heard it before, what sounds like that? ... ahhhh ... this:

ok, lets bring some more reverb into my preset and noodle around with the master ...

I love FW10 !!!!!!!!!

sounds pretty good.. playing with your thumb would probably make up some of the differrence in the high end.

sounds pretty good.. playing with your thumb would probably make up some of the differrence in the high end.

Yes, i believe that totally! Becks tone comes mcuh from his expression through fingers, thumb, nail and ... of course his tremolo and Volume work.

My intention was not to mess up with his masterclass, i am a worse player, i know that. Just was so amazed and impressed how i was in the ballpark of Becks guitar tone and just did not do anything for that! Stock Plexi Sim near default values (minor tweaks on Drive / Presence / BMT) and stock Green Mix cab ir. Also my Strat has a "modern" double-knife Pu`s, which can be split to SC mode. Really not a "classic" sounding strat.

Just wanted to show how fast and easy you get great tones in the ballpark of what you`re looking for (or just find), because i have so much fun with the axe! Inspiring tones! Everytime i try somethin knew... Perhaps some less reverb and some more presence had helped cut through more like Jeffs tone does ... or thumb picking, right ;)

I am so happy with the Axe! FW10 is unbelievable impressive! I love that box!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom