Jeff Beck "Never Alone" cover

Thank you for checking it out!
Really appreciate it. Here's the preset. The second verse I add input gain on amp to around 6. Also I roll down tone knob on bridge pickup

Attachments

• NeverAlone.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 46
agree with other comment: you nailed the tone and feel. And you've got the Jeff Beck thumb! well done, like it a lot

Thank you very much for listening. Your words are very inspiring. As for the sound if I play it back to back with original recording I don't feel the sound is any similar )) I really tried to emulate it and found out that " It was actually a Fender Pro Junior and it was miced with an AEA R-84 in a reflection filter as close as it would go - 2 inches from the centre of the speaker" and "Directly in front and as I said about 2 inches away from the grille. Amp at various volumes. Not too loud as it was in the same room" and "I substituted them with an Altiverb IR of the Lexicon and Echoboy for the 2290 in order to make the work flow easier". So I tried blues junior amp the both 1x10 cabs axe has with ribbon mike simulation and it did just sound bad. So I used the first preset that just sounded pleasing and had similar kind of the mood. Still does not sound like a record though.

Really well done, KyKaH ... Everyone knows how difficult it is to pull off not only the Beck tone, but the playing style as well. Quite frankly, I've never seen anyone do it as well as you have here. Loved it. Thanks.

I think you're right in that it doesn't sound the same... The backing track has a different sound, too.

However, you did a wonderful job of playing and it sounds great regardless of how close it might be to the original.

Beck has so much control of nuance and inflection and you represented that quite nicely, IMO.

Just curious, do you regularly play without a pick or only in certain cases? I've been mulling over going pick-less full time as I like the tone better and I've mostly been using my fingers over the last few months.

Finally, I have to ask: what's the black thing around your finger for? :)

Hey thanks a lot for listening and kind words. I play more with my fingers for probably about 2 years. I find that I have more control and expression and additionally my right hand is not fit for fast picking anyway. I play pick if I play rock covers in the band. I think that another side to it that you think music differently if you play fingers. The way you choose notes and dynamics. The black thing is just a tape - I cut my finger by string.

Hey thanks a lot for listening and kind words. I play more with my fingers for probably about 2 years. I find that I have more control and expression and additionally my right hand is not fit for fast picking anyway. I play pick if I play rock covers in the band. I think that another side to it that you think music differently if you play fingers. The way you choose notes and dynamics. The black thing is just a tape - I cut my finger by string.
Thanks for sharing... I feel much the same about the fingers. More so every day :)

I only play originals and my band has been on COVID hiatus since March...

Hi! Please take a listen on this piece. I used USA Lead preset and tweaked it a bit and added some additional delay and reverb after AXE-FX
Thanks

Really enjoyed your take on Never Alone Jeff Beck is definitely the master of the Stratocaster.
You really have a great sound and I really enjoyed your playing an Tone. :cool: Very Nice...

Back
Top Bottom