Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's

One of my all-time favourite concert vids; everything is simply outstanding...the playing, tones, grooves...everything is firing on all cylinders.

A fav moment is when Vinnie Colaiuta reaches up and pushes his glasses up in the middle of a complicated, kit-spanning fill. How he does it so nonchalantly blows my mind. Kudos to the players all around and man, Beck has a tone to die for...a pinnacle of Strat-goodness for sure.

You might also like his 2010 "Rock and Roll Party" DVD/show at the Iridium club where he pays tribute to Les Paul and Mary Ford, as well as playing some rockabilly and iconic 50's/60's tunes. More awesome tones, playing, and he can really rip that rockabilly stuff...highly, highly recommended if you like Jeff Beck. It's a very different type of show for him...

Last edited:
What have you been waiting for?! :)

The Ronnie Scott’s show is some of my favorite Beck. The band is absolutely killing it. I prefer that lineup to any of the ones that have followed. Saw him live a few years after that show and Jeff was great but the band was just OK.
I bought the album on iTunes right after I posted this thread. I'll be listening a lot more!

What have you been waiting for?! :)

The Ronnie Scott’s show is some of my favorite Beck. The band is absolutely killing it. I prefer that lineup to any of the ones that have followed. Saw him live a few years after that show and Jeff was great but the band was just OK.
We have extolled the ultimate greatness of this performance and lineup before in this forum, and it is always nice when more folk discover this, which really needs to be seen as well as heard , the reaction shots of the audience filled with his (not) peers and other VIP celebs wrapped in the same awe and pure joy of those moments captured for us ....
Vinnie has always elevated the artists he worked with and vice versa. ...but none more than Jeff...
Tal is a vision. I am so lucky to have seen this lineup live ........to me Beck's GOAT

Watching JB's gymnastics you understand how the best guitarists in the world go 'Jeff Beck does shit I can only imagine.'
Agreed.

A couple years ago, one of our young players on the local scene, who had been totally enamored with Stevie Ray Vaughn, got into Neo-Soul and its lighter-jazz stuff like a fanatic, everything was about it.

I know him pretty well, so I told him it's time he start listening to the big names, and mentioned some good jazz, blues, rock players who are the monsters, and said "Jeff Beck", and he came unglued, saying how he hated Jeff Beck because he was an old hack who couldn't play, and that George Benson is a monster. I started laughing and said that Benson would be the first to tell him to go listen to Jeff Beck, but he wouldn't hear it.

Shesh. Kids. GET TF OF MY LAWN!

Back
Top Bottom