Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Never seen it before... Watching for about 15 minutes now.

Wow! I love Jeff Beck and this is such a great performance.

Tal Wilkenfield looks about 15 years old (and sorta separated at birth for Guthrie Govan minus the beard) and totally grooving...

Tal Wilkenfield looks about 15 years old (and sorta separated at birth for Guthrie Govan minus the beard) and totally grooving...
Find the video of Tal with Jeff at the Crossroads festival, 2015 maybe. Think she was pretty new with him then, just totally totally smokes, and they're both so obviously getting such a kick out of it. So good.

EDIT: 2007 actually I think is the one I'm thinking of. They did that gig more than once.

Last edited:
Find the video of Tal with Jeff at the Crossroads festival, 2015 maybe. Think she was pretty new with him then, just totally totally smokes, and they're both so obviously getting such a kick out of it. So good.
I think this one is from 2007...

Edit:

I'll check that one out later

Last edited:

Oh yeah, Jeff is on fire on that one. The sound is so raw and in your face. Vinny Colaiuta and Tal are in the pocket and just slay.

Beck is such a wild player. He careens through a song and just when it sounds like he’s going to crash and burn he’ll pull it back into control and show he had everything in control all the time.

I loved the work he did with Wilkenfield, and what he did with Rosie Bones and Carmen Vandenberg on the Loud Hailer album.

Beck is such a wild player. He careens through a song and just when it sounds like he’s going to crash and burn he’ll pull it back into control and show he had everything in control all the time.

I loved the work he did with Wilkenfield, and what he did with Rosie Bones and Carmen Vandenberg on the Loud Hailer album.
Yeah - I dig Loud Hailer.

Also never realized how much he uses the tremolo without actually using bar (which he also does a lot of).

Also never realized how much he uses the tremolo without actually using bar (which he also does a lot of).
I have the last several DVDs he released, and watching him play full melodies with the tremolo floored me. He hits the pitch and doesn’t mess it up. He makes it look so easy.

I’ve been watching and listening to Mark Lettieri a lot. He spent a lot of time learning Beck’s style, and incorporates many other influences, so I consider him to be like the next generation Jeff Beck. He’ll do the tremolo bar melody things then slide into his funky stuff and has a blast.

I have the last several DVDs he released, and watching him play full melodies with the tremolo floored me. He hits the pitch and doesn’t mess it up. He makes it look so easy.

I’ve been watching and listening to Mark Lettieri a lot. He spent a lot of time learning Beck’s style, and incorporates many other influences, so I consider him to be like the next generation Jeff Beck. He’ll do the tremolo bar melody things then slide into his funky stuff and has a blast.
I first recall hearing him do that on Guitar Shop.

More recently, I think there are a number of places on Emotion and Commotion where that technique is being used.

His sense of pitch is amazing.

I also love Mark Lettieri and I've seen a few recent videos of him playing Beck songs. I agree that he does a really great job on them.

Jeff Beck is an amazing guitar player I got to see him a couple of times when he released his Blow by Blow album, and again when he released the Wired album.
Both shows were awesome. He is the master of the Stratocaster Imho

Yes amazing talent..... Would love to see this myself in such a small venue. Love the videos!

Jeff Beck is an amazing guitar player I got to see him a couple of times when he released his Blow by Blow album, and again when he released the Wired album.
Both shows were awesome. He is the master of the Stratocaster Imho
Wow, nice!

If he tours again I'm going to make every effort to see him. He's a living legend who is still bringing it, and who knows how many more chances there will be.

Back
Top Bottom