JCM800 tricks to make it sound better

Chiguete

Experienced
So what tricks have you guys picked up thru time to make your JCM800 sound better both for crunch and lead tones? Thanks.

My favourite for everything is the basic JCM800 with master around 6. Just the right amount of kick and fizz, not mushy like higher gain versions of the same genre. (#34, various jvm410 models, Friedmans etc...)

I really dig the 800Mod personally. Cut the input drive so you don't get too much saturation and set master to taste. Sounds great with the #60 Fractal GB cab.

I've found the best sounds I get from them are when I use a tubescreamer before, every knob at 12:00, which isn't what I usually do with tubescreamers but I gave it a shot after i saw the Every Time I Die guitarist do it. Gives it a nice punch!

just try the factory preset #076 Brit Pre Lead

this kid use that preset in this video,thank me later:cool:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! That kid is just flat scary. Unbeleiveable technique, feel, playing in the pocket. Wow. His ability to play the melody lines so strongly on such a complex piece might be the most impressive thing about that vid. Who says guitar is dead? That kid has something to say about that.

I changed that preset the kid uses to burn up all my guitars and become 10 again, where I had an impossible to play nylon string, and had to take MEL BAY LESSONS for 2 years. By 12 I could play the intro to crazy train lol.

Back
Top Bottom