JCM 800 sounds a bit muddy with FW 6.0 tips?

JCM 800 sounds a bit muddy with FW 6.0 tips?

What do you listen through, i recently found that the monitors i use had not been compensated for room placement since i moved everything round. I Noticed that a lot of patches sounded muddy but the adjustment i did to the monitors solved this DElusion.

LOL.

I do it opposite and love it.

Drive at 3.50. Bass at 0.00. Mid/Treble/Presence all at 10.00. Bright at 0.00. Master Volume at 9.00. I low cut (advanced tab) at 80Hz.

Cab block is H75 (OH) + G12-65 FF (JM) panned center. Motor at 2.25. No mics.

Try that.

Here's what it sounds like here:

Hi-res FLAC format (download): 2012_04 V6 JCM800 Fractal.flac - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

OR crappy MP3 with all the life crushed out but a handy and cool player app ( ;) ):

That sounds killer Scotty. It's got all the bite that was characteristic of v4. I finally got it in v6 but it took me a long time and a lot of tweaks. I just tried your method and A-B'd it with mine. It's funny how close they were in spite of the settings being a lot different. More than one way to skin a cat. I like your method better than mine. A lot less knobs to turn. I'd have never thought of zeroing the bass and cranking everything else. But then again I had the bright switch on in mine.

It's great when folks like you post there settings. Makes it quick and easy to try. Keep 'em coming.
Thanks,
Joe

using Scotts settings I added a very slight boost up front with a TS08 and man did it nail the ZZ Top "Fandango" album tone.
I used the OH SLMH75 cab == glorious crunchy marshall.
I was jamming away on this amp all night last night with a big shit eating grin on my face.

using Scotts settings I added a very slight boost up front with a TS08 and man did it nail the ZZ Top "Fandango" album tone.
I used the OH SLMH75 cab == glorious crunchy marshall.
I was jamming away on this amp all night last night with a big shit eating grin on my face.
Just tried that OH SLMH75 cab setup. Very nice. Thanks for the tip!

This was some great amp setting advice.

It would be cool if the WIKI listed suggestions for amp settings
for the some of the more popular models for those of us who are less versed.

Back
Top Bottom