JBL JRK 112 vs. FBT Verve 12m or 8m

Although I know I will get the *very expected* (and likely very accurate) responses concerning "getting what you pay for," I have to ask the question...

I am looking at breaking in to FRFR (or as close to it as possible), and I am looking at a couple of different options.

Option 1 is the FBT Verve 12m or 8m, which seem to be the "standard" around here for great sound and general flatness as far as frequency response is concerned. These have a lot of great reviews and personal testimonials, and really aren't too pricey, all things considered.

Option 2 is the JBL JRX 112. The pro for this is that I can get two of them for the price of one of the Verve 8ms, therefore giving myself stereo sound options.

Looking at the frequency response curve data, it seems that they are *comparable*, with the Verve unsurprisingly getting the nod on flat response across a very large range of frequencies. It really shows up towards the lower end and the extreme high end of the audible spectrum, but the mid-range seem to be relatively even.

Does anyone have any experience with the JBLs? If so, I'd love to hear some feedback or suggestions! Thanks guys!

I've tried the jbl eon and found the jbls while a good buy, seem to have a bump in the upper midrange that to me translates to harsness, they seem to great for vocal clarity, but not so for my application with the axe. I went with the fbt 12 and the 8, totally satisfied.

Awesome, thanks for the input!

How about Yorkville speakers? I think GuitarDojo uses/was using a NX35P? I was looking at the YX12, the monitor-style Yorkville. Anyone have any experience with these?

trouble311 said:
Awesome, thanks for the input!

How about Yorkville speakers? I think GuitarDojo uses/was using a NX35P? I was looking at the YX12, the monitor-style Yorkville. Anyone have any experience with these?
I was using NX25P's. They were provided by the venue I was playing. Very happy with my monitor set up at the time. Yorkville was my top runner for a new PA but then I came across the QSC's at a price that was to hard to resist. Now I got Atomics behind me and FBT's in front. Everyone else gets to hear QSC FOH.(when I use my equipment ;) )

Back
Top Bottom