JBL (and JBL'ish Impulse Responses)

I'm looking for some impulse responses of JBL cabs (and the like... Beyma Liberty, Weber California, michigan, eminence commonwealth) JBL e120, d120, k120, k130, e130, d110, e110, k110. ALL OF EM! the more the merrier. I see redwirez has a few I'd be interested in- including the Duane Allman Marshall 4x12 loaded with k120's (I think he used d120's but k's are awesome and very similar) They also have a fender JBL cab i believe. But I read somewhere that redwirez impulse responses were outdated nowadays... is that still true or have they updated?

I'd really prefer them in wav form as well as sysex bc I also use Helix Native from a friend that didnt want his native coupon that he got with his helix (probably the best $99 ive ever spent) I'm also somewhat new to all of this- can I convert axe files to be used with helix native? any free IR software you all recommend if I need to convert axe files for the helix native? the axe fx can convert wavs in itself right?

Thanks a bunch guys and gals!

So... whatdya got for me?

I have some pre 1967 JBL D-140 IR's for sale here: https://goo.gl/AnMkHP

Many mics in 3 different positions each. 2 frequency sweep lengths in 10 different sample rate and bit depth combinations. Ultrares files with presets.

Click on the grey tabs with words and pull down menus for more info.

Last edited:
Here's what I have,
Thanks Pauly

(edit): - I also have a d120 but think it's a paid one so can't share it.

I have some pre 1967 JBL D-140 IR's for sale here: https://goo.gl/AnMkHP

Attachments

• JBL E130 SM57 C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 93
  • JBL2225PORTBU87.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 71
  • JBL2225U87A.syx
  • JBL2225U87B.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 70
  • JBL2225U87C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 74
  • JBLK110N149C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 75
  • JBLK110U87A.syx
  • JBLK110U87B.syx
  • JBLK110U87C.syx
  • Pauly JBL 2225.syx
Last edited:
I have some pre 1967 JBL D-140 IR's for sale here

Many mics in 3 different positions each. 2 frequency sweep lengths in 10 different sample rate and bit depth combinations. Ultrares files with presets.

When I buy a bass or a baritone I will definitely purchase these from ya! Ive never liked them for guitar- in real life at least- but yeh awesome man thanks!

Here's what I have,
Thanks Pauly

(edit): - I also have a d120 but think it's a paid one so can't share it.

AWESOME!

whered you buy the d120?

and are the 2225's PA speakers? or are they hifi? I've seen those but never really understood their application

I think youre the guy that i found the e130 on.

What resolution are these? are they ultra? if they are ultra- do you have regular or hi versions as well?

Gday Clayton,
I have no idea who I got the 120 off ...I think it came with a bought preset... There's so bloody may of these files!

The 225s were often used as a pa bottom end (replaced by 2226) - I'm a bass player and used 2 2225s and 2 k110s in a biamped setup.
The IRs are ultra-Res and I don't have any other resolutions.

Thanks
Pauly

AWESOME!

whered you buy the d120?

and are the 2225's PA speakers? or are they hifi? I've seen those but never really understood their application

I think youre the guy that i found the e130 on.

What resolution are these? are they ultra? if they are ultra- do you have regular or hi versions as well?

I like evm’s Too. You gotta definitely setup your amp completely differently to use jbls versus other speakers. I’m fenders I feel like they aren’t as harsh As the ceramic jensen c12ns everyone loves.

I just love all types of speaker cabinets. I love the Weber dt10s and dt12s which are made to be extremely inefficient and to distort a ton on their own.

Actually just realized the DT in DT10 stands for Derek trucks. They are his pro model speaker from back before tedeschi trucks band and he had a lot more of a Duane Allman tone. It’s really interesting to realize that Duane used a marshAll head with a 4x12 loaded with jbl k120s (maybe the chillest of all the jbls with their softer surround made so they didn’t blow out like the very first d120s (jbl d120f were made for fender twins to not blow out when pushed super hard). Anyways Derek and Duane have similar tones But Derek’s comes from putting a super reverb in 10 with 4 super inefficient speakers and Duane is Marshall (Plexi I believe?) with 4x12 jbl k120s. (Super efficient and clean and bright)

Duane’s tone is definitely more cutting and bright and mean. Derek’s is more bluesy but they are really kinda similar still

So anyways I really liked the stock ir’s On the axe a lot better than any of the homemade ones people Have shared (no offense) but I’ve had impulse responses with the same cabinet, speaker and supposedly mic and mic positions (just a single inch of sdifference) and they sound completely different.

The gear used to get the impulse responses (beyond mic and mic positions and cabs and speakers) seems to be extremely important.

So again, does anyone have any recommendations on purchased jbls? I really don’t wanna buy a ton of them cuz I just don’t wanna deal with that many files LOL.

What’s the best dual d120 IR (twin fender cabinet preferred) and are there ANY other 4x12 jbl cabinet IRs than the redwirez one?

Thanks again. I just don’t wanna waste a bunch of money but really I hate dealing with the hundreds of files on each one haha. And I’ve heard a lot I don’t like so recommend your fave! Or if you think the IRS don’t do em justice?!

Thanks!

And I got my axe for dirt cheap cuz I’m sharing it with my dad and brother for the time being!

Thanks. But I'm actually an EVM-12L guy.
My experience, many many years ago, with JBLs in Fender Twins, led to believe that they were overly brite and brittle sounding for my tastes.
Interesting, I had a fender twin and used evm-12L's too, they sounded wonderful!

Ev 12s sound great Ive got some jbl 15s and ev 15s also those sound nice think the 15s are warmer with twins of course
or other type amps had an 8 10 marshall that had 2 15s instead and sounded great.
Need to make good baffles for that and put them back in it honestly it was a great sounding cab but the baffles were bad.
5ply voidless birch is what ya want there..for either speaker and t bolts as the evs will back the screws out !

Back
Top Bottom