AFIII Jazz Standard - Stella By Starlight

Love the tones - both of them, but especially the lead. Love the playing - very tasteful indeed.

What preset were you using? Is it one that's readily available, or one you did yourself? I have an Ibanez Scofield guitar that would sound mighty with that tone, as would my 335. Lovely stuff - thank you :)

Wonderful, I enjoyed it with my morning coffee. Did you get the preset personally from John?
Love the tones - both of them, but especially the lead. Love the playing - very tasteful indeed.

What preset were you using? Is it one that's readily available, or one you did yourself? I have an Ibanez Scofield guitar that would sound mighty with that tone, as would my 335. Lovely stuff - thank you :)
It's a preset I made, not for jazz actually, but it works. It's an AC20 and some York Audio stock IRs. I'll check when I get back in the studio. Tone down on the guitar a bit, and in post processing, I bumped 1K a bit with a Neve plugin

By the way, for whomever cares, I had tweaked a preset for this sound, which I didn't save. But basically it's a Morgan AC20, and then the Factory 1 - 217 & 219 (1x12 Class-A 15W YA), then I adjusted the phase on them (4.1mm). I would share my main preset, but it's such a disaster with 3 stereo outs and two different inputs, it would just be more confusing.

By the way, for whomever cares, I had tweaked a preset for this sound, which I didn't save. But basically it's a Morgan AC20, and then the Factory 1 - 217 & 219 (1x12 Class-A 15W YA), then I adjusted the phase on them (4.1mm). I would share my main preset, but it's such a disaster with 3 stereo outs and two different inputs, it would just be more confusing.
Thanks Camilo - that gives us a starting point at least. Now to get experimenting ;)

First time using the AC20 for jazz. Went for the more Scofield-ish tone. Hope you guys dig!

Here it is August of 2022 and I find myself in the market for an FX III. A little late to the party but better late than never!

Just so you know, this is the video that made up my mind to do it.
Your tone here is very Carlton to my ears.
This is exactly what I've been looking for!

Your playing is superb too.
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom