Jazz guitar tone

I'm new to Ax8.. I've been trying to find a good Fat authentic Jazz tone..Also a thick sustaining clean smooth jazz tone also..Chuck Lobe..comes to mind..So far I've been making mud lol

Welcome to the forum Christopher. You can try a couple of my presets at the Axechange. Just search by my name. I suggest the TX Star, the Carr, or for a more driven sound the Plexi 100 (with the drive off). The Carr uses a non-factory cab so you will have to load that cab into your library. You can also try substituting one of the factory cabs for the cab. I suggest one of the Cellestion IRs. Again, welcome.

My pleasure sir. Welcome to the forum.
Hey John! I have noticed that this forum is full of generous people like you, who share their time and willingness to help newbies in this new and wonderful Fractal world! Thanks again and as soon as I can test your preset, I will give you a feedback! Have a good weekend!

Hey John! I have noticed that this forum is full of generous people like you, who share their time and willingness to help newbies in this new and wonderful Fractal world! Thanks again and as soon as I can test your preset, I will give you a feedback! Have a good weekend!
I share your feelings regarding the forum, but I am just a small tree in a forrest of tall trees.

As stated above, I am NOT a jazz player, just a guitar player. But their was a demo song for the axefx way back when I bought my first axefx. This demo was the deal maker for me. I actually play mostly blues, R&B and good old rock&Roll. Anyway, this is more than 8 yeas ago.....But still the sound is just "GOOD CLEAN GUITAR". Real good player also. Just elaborating that the sound is there - in this box. No doubt about it. This is a zillion firmwares ago also.

As stated above, I am NOT a jazz player, just a guitar player. But their was a demo song for the axefx way back when I bought my first axefx. This demo was the deal maker for me. I actually play mostly blues, R&B and good old rock&Roll. Anyway, this is more than 8 yeas ago.....But still the sound is just "GOOD CLEAN GUITAR". Real good player also. Just elaborating that the sound is there - in this box. No doubt about it. This is a zillion firmwares ago also.

Sounds Great Stratman68, hints of Chuck Loeb. What guitar are you using on this tune?

Nice Sound Bro, do you have that preset for AX8?

I'm new to Ax8.. I've been trying to find a good Fat authentic Jazz tone..Also a thick sustaining clean smooth jazz tone also..Chuck Lobe..comes to mind..So far I've been making mud lol
Ciao. I love Chuck Loeb music and I'm trying to recreate his sound as well. Try those AXE FX II patch I made and tell me what you think about.
Take Care,
Michele

Attachments

• Chuck verb 1_2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Dual Chuck Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 96

Yup i remember that So-Cal driving demo and loved that tone, i was trying to get that myself when i was doing a smooth jazz record.

i could never dial it in like that so cal drivin sound, was close.

I play mostly straight ahead now, as well as some smooth jazz gigs but i would use Jens patches. To be honest i have a Henriksen Bud amp for classic jazz tones as well as an Acoustic Image with a Raezers edge cab.

Thanks Michele ill check out the Chuck lobe patches.

I sometimes add a drive block like Rat or TS to a clean amp and dial out all the gain. This gets rid of a muddy low end and produces a stronger midrange- this usually works great in the mix. You can get strong clean tones this way. You can also leave just a little bit of hair on the drive block and turn guitar volume down until its clean.

Back
Top Bottom