Jazz big band with string orchestra (and 9-string guitar)

Poparad

Power User
I'm working on my master's degree at the moment and did my master's recital a few months back in October. I didn't just want to do the typical thing of a jazz combo in a recital hall, so I put together a big band with a string orchestra and booked a gig at the best jazz club in Cleveland, The Bop Stop. All original arrangements or compositions. I also did a few Allan Holdsworth tunes, but I'll put those in another thread (once I get the videos edited). The 9-string guitar is just on the last one.

I'll Remember April (standard - arrangement)

Falling Grace (modern jazz - arrangement)

Skylark (ballad - arrangement)

One for Bob (original)

One for Zuzu (original, 9-string guitar)

What do you use for your patch for your clean sounds on that Gibson?

Deluxe Verb amp with an Own Hammer Deluxe Verb IR. A bit of light compression at the front of the grid and the Memory Man delay setting with some reverb. I can post the patch, but it will be without the OH IR, obviously, which adds a lot to the sound. Before I switched to the AxeFX, the Deluxe Reverb was my amp for years and the OH ones are the best I've come across for nailing that sound.

I'm working on my master's degree at the moment and did my master's recital a few months back in October. I didn't just want to do the typical thing of a jazz combo in a recital hall, so I put together a big band with a string orchestra and booked a gig at the best jazz club in Cleveland, The Bop Stop. All original arrangements or compositions. I also did a few Allan Holdsworth tunes, but I'll put those in another thread (once I get the videos edited). The 9-string guitar is just on the last one.

I'll Remember April (standard - arrangement)

Falling Grace (modern jazz - arrangement)

Skylark (ballad - arrangement)

One for Bob (original)

One for Zuzu (original, 9-string guitar)

Yeah man!

Back
Top Bottom