Japan

It's been brutal. We get heatwaves like this every summer in Perth but I deal with it by going to the beach and doing nothing else. Walking around a concrete jungle and trying to check out all the sights here has been a challenge but worth it. Next time I'll come in spring :D

A few cold Asahis is what saved me when I was there in a heat wave back in 2011.

Enjoy! It's a fantastic place, wish I was there :)

Jealous of you Leon. Start saving up again! Totally agree about the seasons.

We visited Nozawa Onsen, Tokyo and Osaka at the end of winter 2008 and it was hands down the best holiday I ever had. Of course I was just with my girlfriend (now wife) then. Nozawa is so beautiful and really spoiled me for skiing. There is literally an escalator from the town to the snowfield.

We revisited Tokyo in 2015 on the back of a 1 month overseas trip to Canada and Hawaii in the summer time and man as a Sydneysider I swear I will probably not go back there in summer. Though for this trip we were dragging around our 2 year old daugther, extra baggage for baby supplies, carrier and cot everywhere we went. Must have visited McDonalds nearly every day to cool down in the aircon and try to regain some energy. On the day we visited Ochanomizu, we got set up for my daughter's nap in Maccas and I was given ONE hour to check things out alone (understandably).

Definitely going back there someday, when its spring or winter, AND when my second child is old enough to like Japanese food (other than just takoyaki lol).

Heat is good for business. All those vending machines to drain your Suica card. :)

Aren't these guitars ridiculously overpriced there? Double US prices online. Plus currency, plus fee for currency exchange, plus baggage fee.. then airline limits on insurance reimbursement for international flights... your only covered for half the guitar if they break it? other than collectors and shop owners.. typical to buy high end guitars there?

That last one is like $3800 USD. Even though they refund the tax the value just isn't there, IMO. You can buy a pretty badass guitar here in the US for that kind of cash.

Of course US has better value. But for an Aussie there are opportunities in Japan to have a nice holiday and come out with a good guitar deal to offset the holiday expense

This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. Full disclaimer, I'm a Deviser artist but the tour is open to the general public and i must say it's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom