JAMMIT. .........Any good ? Any users ?

Yup - I've purchased a bunch of songs - I think it's great for play along practice, however, I have trouble getting it to run out through my audio interface (roland octa capture with Mac). Jammit developers have asked me to test various versions to resolve this - still having issues there but appreciate Jammit developers actively engaging users to work with them on the product. I use it normally through IPad into my audio interface out to FRFR and mixed with my practice.

Also - I've been copying the individual instrument / band tracks for the songs I've purchased into Reaper so that I have the individual tracks outside of the Jammit interface.

It's pretty cool. Interesting they've dropped thier prices - guess they've having some trouble with adoption.

Yeah I've got it. Glad to hear they've dropped the prices on songs too. I was finding it to be quite expensive once you buy the bass, guitar, drum, keyboard tracks etc. for each song.

I was surprised that they didn't offer better bundle pricing earlier on. This app is ideal for bands who want to dissect and learn a cover song. You can isolate each part for each player nicely.

I'm going to check their new pricing and hopefully grab some more tracks...

Yup - I've purchased a bunch of songs - I think it's great for play along practice, however, I have trouble getting it to run out through my audio interface (roland octa capture with Mac). Jammit developers have asked me to test various versions to resolve this - still having issues there but appreciate Jammit developers actively engaging users to work with them on the product.

Very buggy software. Almost unusable on Mac lion. Tech support wanted to help out and troubleshoot but I didn't want to spend the time. I'd rather wait until they work out the bugs. Very few songs, and aside from the obvious playing along benefit, probably useful for tone matching!

Yup - I've purchased a bunch of songs - I think it's great for play along practice, however, I have trouble getting it to run out through my audio interface (roland octa capture with Mac). Jammit developers have asked me to test various versions to resolve this - still having issues there but appreciate Jammit developers actively engaging users to work with them on the product.

Very buggy software. Almost unusable on Mac lion. Tech support wanted to help out and troubleshoot but I didn't want to spend the time. I'd rather wait until they work out the bugs. Very few songs, and aside from the obvious playing along benefit, probably useful for tone matching!

Works great on my iPad & iPhone.

On the Mac with Lion it doesn't work too well with the Axe-II as the primary sound source, but it works perfectly when using my Apogee Duet for sound.

Great tool for learning songs, and getting iso & backing tracks.

I think the master iso tracks are great, but I find the whole interface to be a real PITA. Selecting segments to loop is just really counter-intuitive. You can isolate song sections, but I find myself wanting to select smaller/larger parts that they have divided up. ASD and Capo have a much better interface in that regards. I would probably use Jammit more because they have many tunes I want to learn, but I usually get frustrated with the interface and give up. I've used the IOS, Mac, and Windows beta versions and they all have the same problem.

I have it, no problem running it on Mac. Good for learning songs if that's your bag but I like to use it to understand how solos and guitar parts are put together.

I have purchased a bunch of DT-tracks. Has anyone else noticed a kind of sizzling noise on the iso tracks? Also on some songs and I can't hear the bass track at all. Is this just because it isn't mastered?

Also looking into this... has anyone else been checking it out? I noticed that I can't use the Axe as an audio interface due to the fixed 44.1Khz sample rate in Jammit. How are people getting audio to Jammit from the Axe?

I have purchased a bunch of DT-tracks. Has anyone else noticed a kind of sizzling noise on the iso tracks? Also on some songs and I can't hear the bass track at all. Is this just because it isn't mastered?

That sizzling noise is how many guitar tones that you love in a mix actually sound when isolated......

Also looking into this... has anyone else been checking it out? I noticed that I can't use the Axe as an audio interface due to the fixed 44.1Khz sample rate in Jammit. How are people getting audio to Jammit from the Axe?

You have to use another audio interface because the Axe is locked to 48khz

I've bought a bunch of songs (Yes, Return to Forever), and I've found it valuable. That said, the interface is still buggy in Windows, but has gotten better. Still a ways to go, however, and they are aware of it. It needs to be able to maximize complete, and the fact that you can't print out the score is a huge negative, IMO.

I can see how that would be a turnoff to some. I was looking at it for raw tracks for TM samples and the fact that the software is free is a plus... keeps the over all cost down. For what I plan on using it for it can be a useful tool but in general I agree it has a ways to go. I'm sure if they can get a few more things worked out and add asome features it would become even more useful to more people. I don't know how hard it would be to add a 48Khz sample rate option but it would be a nice feature.

As I tune in Eb, I tried to export the tracks so I could transpose them a half step down but no luck, it seems that Jammit is protected against that. I tried using the "what you hear" functionality to record the sound in real time, and even video capture it to make a demo, but as soon as I press record on any other soft, Jammit stops playing. Anyone has a solution for that ?

As I tune in Eb, I tried to export the tracks so I could transpose them a half step down but no luck, it seems that Jammit is protected against that. I tried using the "what you hear" functionality to record the sound in real time, and even video capture it to make a demo, but as soon as I press record on any other soft, Jammit stops playing. Anyone has a solution for that ?

Just go headphone out of an iPad or iPhone with Jammit on it into your audio interface on your computer into your DAW.

This way you can rip the iso track/backing track or whatever you want from the tunes you buy in Jammit.

I don't have any of them, but I can borrow a Zoom H3 for that. I even thought of using the Axe looper to record short sequences, which I would then reassemble in Soundforge :) I bought only one song, "Innocence faded" by DT, so it would not take too much time doing that. Btw, I found that the sound quality when slowing parts in Jammit is sub par compared to Amazing Slow Downer

I don't have any of them, but I can borrow a Zoom H3 for that. I even thought of using the Axe looper to record short sequences, which I would then reassemble in Soundforge :) I bought only one song, "Innocence faded" by DT, so it would not take too much time doing that. Btw, I found that the sound quality when slowing parts in Jammit is sub par compared to Amazing Slow Downer

Just record from a laptop to a desktop computer, or 2 laptops or 2 desktops.....

Just go headphone out of an iPad or iPhone with Jammit on it into your audio interface on your computer into your DAW.

This way you can rip the iso track/backing track or whatever you want from the tunes you buy in Jammit.

That's what I do. Works fine.

Back
Top Bottom