AFIII Jamming a fuzzy Band Commander with the EBMM St. Vincent

The blackout paint job on the new HH St. Vincent looks incredible. Sounds killer. But I expect nothing less than killer sounding demos from you Mr. @ccroyalsenders! That might be one of the coolest demo tunes I've ever heard.

I want one!

Also have to embarrassingly admit I only discovered Annie Clark as a guitarist a few months ago.

I saw some clips of her more recent solo shows and in passing thought she was more of a vocalist, holding a guitar more as a fashion piece than anything. Talented vocals, and quite attractive too if I’m being honest, but wasn’t my kind of music.

Then came across shows with her full band, or with David Byrne, and it was like “whoa” this lady shreds , and with some insane fuzz and pitch shifted tones. Suddenly I got why she has a signature guitar line!

Very cool artist, who while having a lot of style and visual flash, if not maybe a little over the top artsy, is one heck of a player, and from some interviews a really down to earth nice person.

I hope to get to see a live show sometime, and while I don’t plan to sound like her or her music I think she came up with a really unique guitar.

Sadly I think I might go for a Sterling over the real MM though as they are otherwise a bit steep at around $2k

Last edited:
Interesting how such drastic tone changes occur with minimal switching between the axe III and the guitar. If I'm assuming correctly by the state of the FC-12, it seems only a drive was flipped on between clean and dirty sections. Nevertheless, great demo of both products. Awesome job Mr. Carter.

I want one!

Also have to embarrassingly admit I only discovered Annie Clark as a guitarist a few months ago.

I saw some clips of her more recent solo shows and in passing thought she was more of a vocalist, holding a guitar more as a fashion piece than anything. Talented vocals, and quite attractive too if I’m being honest, but wasn’t my kind of music.

Then came across shows with her full band, or with David Byrne, and it was like “whoa” this lady shreds , and with some insane fuzz and pitch shifted tones. Suddenly I got why she has a signature guitar line!

Very cool artist, who while having a lot of style and visual flash, if not maybe a little over the top artsy, is one heck of a player, and from some interviews a really down to earth nice person.

I hope to get to see a live show sometime, and while I don’t plan to sound like her or her music I think she came up with a really unique guitar.

Sadly I think I might go for a Sterling over the real MM though as they are otherwise a bit steep at around $2k

One of the greatest shows of my life was the Love this Giant tour that Annie did with Byrne , two otherworldly charismatic performers
traipsing around the stage with full rocking Brass Band.....stunning.
tho I was hoping the St. Vincent model would be more comfortable in my hands, but my cursory testing (of the first release) didn't float my boat...guess I will be content with my Majesty as the EBMM in my stable.....but Cooper as always makes the axe shine.

Back
Top Bottom