JamHub Greenroom or Behringer X AIR XR12 or XR16?

GotMetalBoy

Power User
My band is a 4 piece (Drums, Bass, Guitar and Vocals) and we're thinking about getting a monitoring system for practice and live.

I know someone who is selling a JamHub Greenroom system with extra 3 SoleMix Remotes and 2 SoleMix Remote Extension Cables for $425.

We're also looking at the Behringer XR12 X Air $250 or XR16 X Air $400 and a headphone amp which are $25 to $200. We all have either iPhones, Android Phones, iPads and Android Tablets.

Would we also need some kind of splitter for live to go to the FOH PA?

This will be our first monitoring system. We would like to go to IEM at some point but cabled ear buds are good enough for now.

Any opinions or suggestions?

JamHub is noisy (very low quality headphone amplifiers and preamps) and it's a hassle to deal with everything being TRS.
The XR Air series from Behringer, is great. I have the XR18 and am very happy with it. As far as I'm concerned, if the price of the jamhub was $5, I'd still go with the Behringer. :)

EDIT: I own a TourBus [correction], have had it for a few years and have had the XR18 for just over a year.

Last edited:
I have a jamhub bedroom since early 2015 and am really happy with it, obviously good quality headphones are required :)
I use it within two bands using headphones out of edrums/modellers...Works like a charm.
We played with it at our wedding, sound was good thought we were plugged on the DJ's soundboard !
I don't regret this choice :) Except the drummers, nobody regrets the choice of not getting a bigger version with remotes (overkill for us).

Had a jamhub forever, since they came out... i wouldn't call it noisy by any stretch of the imagination. It's been rock solid ever since I got it, never an issue one. It's benefit is the simplicity. Easy for even the dumbest bassist or singer to operate (lol) just kidding.

Roland briefly made a knock off of the jamhub, now discontinued, you can find used for 400ish, but it's like the jamhub on steroids. Has modeling, compressor for vocals, all kinds of cool stuff. Was debating picking one up. Do a search for it.

I, singers and bassists, didn't mean to tick you off dpeterson ;)
In any case, don't take my word for it. There's plenty of information to be had out there, as well as other discussions on this forum.
Oh and btw, I have the TourBus version, not GreenRoom.

Had a jamhub forever, since they came out... i wouldn't call it noisy by any stretch of the imagination. It's been rock solid ever since I got it, never an issue one. It's benefit is the simplicity. Easy for even the dumbest bassist or singer to operate (lol) just kidding.

Roland briefly made a knock off of the jamhub, now discontinued, you can find used for 400ish, but it's like the jamhub on steroids. Has modeling, compressor for vocals, all kinds of cool stuff. Was debating picking one up. Do a search for it.

Did you run the Fractal into it using a TRS cable?

I was digging around the manual and it wants a stereo in. Was wondering if the Fractal XLR mono out -> TRS would work with the JamHub.

on all the inputs i'm running a stereo to mono little adapter, have them on all the inputs besides drums. Was thinking about running stereo a few years ago, and just never did. I also picked up these cables hosa used to make, that have a headphone, mic, and stereo input cable inside of a little snake, cuts down on on some of the wire mess, they dont make them anymore for some reason, probably demand.

I, singers and bassists, didn't mean to tick you off dpeterson ;)
In any case, don't take my word for it. There's plenty of information to be had out there, as well as other discussions on this forum.
Oh and btw, I have the TourBus version, not GreenRoom.

haha, just kidding.. i have the cheapest model, whatever it's called, outhouse, basement, laundry room, lol.

Btw, as a workaround for the TRS thing if you have an AxeFx and want stereo, you can connect the headphones out directly to the input on the jamhub using a TRS cable. Just be sure to completely turn down the output volume first and gradually raise it.

Btw, as a workaround for the TRS thing if you have an AxeFx and want stereo, you can connect the headphones out directly to the input on the jamhub using a TRS cable. Just be sure to completely turn down the output volume first and gradually raise it.
That's the way it's meant to be used, heaphones out preferred :)

JamHub is noisy (very low quality headphone amplifiers and preamps) and it's a hassle to deal with everything being TRS.
The XR Air series from Behringer, is great. I have the XR18 and am very happy with it. As far as I'm concerned, if the price of the jamhub was $5, I'd still go with the Behringer. :)

EDIT: I own a TourBus [correction], have had it for a few years and have had the XR18 for just over a year.

Do you use headphones or Wireless IEM? Are the Behringer monitor mixes stereo or mono? If you have time, could you give a rig rundown of your Behringer X Air setup?

I'm planning on starting off with headphones but trying to figure out everything I need, so I know if we can afford it.

Here's a list of what I think I need so far:
* A Rack to put the monitoring system in
* Power conditioner
* Headphone amp with at least 4 inputs and headphone outputs
* XLR splitter with at least 4 ports, so we can go to our monitoring system and the FOH PA
* At least 4 XLR cables to go from Drum overhead, Bass, Guitar and Vocal mic to monitoring system
* 4 Headphones and 1/4" stereo TRS Female to Male extension cables
* 4 Mobile devices so each member can control their separate monitor mixes
** If we go Wireless IEM, 4 Transmitters and Receivers and batteries
** 4 cables to go from either the headphone amp or monitor system to the Wireless transmitters

Am I missing anything?

How are you looking to get the Behringer outputs into headphones? It only has a single headphone output. To get multiple headphone mixes with appropriate impedance, etc. I run the aux outputs into a multi-channel headphone amp. It took a bit to find the right cables to make everything work but that's an additional investment.

One big advantage (to me) of the XR18 vs XR16 is that the 18's USB interface lets you record all 18 tracks vs just the stereo mix. You can even do funky things like 16 tracks of stems with a stereo rough mix. My band used that multi tracking capability to create practice mixes where anyone could get a mix with everything but their part. Very powerful practice tool.

Back
Top Bottom