James Hetfield / "Master of Puppets"

RODOLFOPELAIZ

Inspired
Hi guys, I'm uploading james in album MASTER OF PUPPET preset. is exported as a bundle, if you have any error please advise. I did with an ibanez with dimarzio , ARES -. I would like to see your tests with the same upload here, thanks. regards
to rock her

Attachments

• Mesa Boogie MARK IV PUPPET.syx
    17 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Thank you . I would like to know what they think of these preset. since you get used to it and everything sounds good to you, then you go to sleep and the next day it sounds like an ass. I need another opinion that is not mine. ajajja

As promised, I've tried it... well, it doesn't work for me but... I have to say that my setup is for live use not for recording. Through my setup (SS amp through a 2x12cab) it sound extremely trebly. I had to disabled all the EQ's and change the CAB. It sounded very compressed for my taste? I guess it sounds better for recording purpose? Please don't take this the wrong way. It just doesn't work for my setup...Thanks for sharing your preset.
Note: I didn't;t havee time today but wanted to try your CAB with a different amp and then I'll try it on a Mesa amp as well.

Cheers

As promised, I've tried it... well, it doesn't work for me but... I have to say that my setup is for live use not for recording. Through my setup (SS amp through a 2x12cab) it sound extremely trebly. I had to disabled all the EQ's and change the CAB. It sounded very compressed for my taste? I guess it sounds better for recording purpose? Please don't take this the wrong way. It just doesn't work for my setup...Thanks for sharing your preset.
Note: I didn't;t havee time today but wanted to try your CAB with a different amp and then I'll try it on a Mesa amp as well.

Cheers
thanks, if the preset is created to record, I have my ax connected directly to the pc, surely the treble that you get is this issue. the compressor actually put it to regulate the bass in my case, but if you take it out equally sounds very well connected directly without external amplifier or cab. for live I should do another preset or adjust the global one. I appreciate your comment and I hope you can use this preset and adjust it to how it will generate better sound to you. thanks again.

Same issue here..can you do the presets for live use? It will be much appreciate ! Thank you !
hi virgil, unfortunately I can not do such a thing anymore in my studio I do not have amplifiers or cabs, my ax fx 2 is directly connected to two flat rockers krk rockit 5 that for me sound perfect for home study, that's why I preset they are for recording.
however, I calculate that if what you are going to do is throw it by an amp and an external cab, you should disable this in the preset but since we need the IR they should leave the settings that make the IR puppet sound do its job, this makes the cab be turned on for that purpose, and it would cut out bass and treble since in live they fly in another way and thus be able to eliminate all the annoying high-pitched whistle and it could give more body.
maybe in this preset I would have to start playing the equalizers before and after the amp that are just adjustments so that it sounds good in home and live recording for me and with my ibanez guitar with dimarzio.
The first equalizer I use to adjust the input of my mike dimarzio to the preset and this will generate me more means, I would also cut in the slot bass and treble in the order of 80 hz the bass and 2500 or 3000 hz the treble and play the second equalizer before the cab by cutting or narrowing the curve towards the bass and treble.
I apologize for not being able to attend the request but I do not have how to do it without a booth or external booth, I saw somewhere a publication that can serve you.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/yeks-preset-collection-quantum-8-02-axe-fx-ii-xl.89143/ ,
regars

I find it nearly impossible to translate one's own setup and presets to others. I use others presets for general ideas, sparking new thoughts, routing etc. that said Ill give em a try. I also dislike using one off cabs, just too many moving parts.

Back
Top Bottom