Jake E. Lee era Ozzy- Killer of Giants (Live)

Damn dude - you guys ALWAYS nail it !

Band sounds spot on and your guitar is perfect. Of all of Ozzys guitar players which is the most difficult to cop ?

Fantastic performance - Ozzy should start to pay you for promoting his songs! The guitar, vocal, keys, bass and drums - you ROCK Folks!

Damn dude - you guys ALWAYS nail it !

Band sounds spot on and your guitar is perfect. Of all of Ozzys guitar players which is the most difficult to cop ?
Thanks man! For me it’s Jake. He has a very unorthodox style. Lots of weird stretches! Zakk has some alternating picking licks I can’t do without throwing in some hammer on’s and pull off’s to complete the lick. His right hand is rapid fire. Randy is more my comfort zone. Not saying he is easy by any means but he’s more of a schooled player and sticks to a lot of scalular type runs from his formal training and that is more my style as well.

Last edited:
Pure coolness.
Sounds amazing.
Is it the Charvel Jake E. Lee signature?
No, although I do have a replica of that guitar signed by him! Got him to sign it when he came through town with Red Dragon Cartel last year. The one in the video is a So Cal that came with a maple neck that I swapped out for an old 80’s Charvel USA rosewood neck that I had lying around. I’ve got a replica of his blue burst as well that I use for Shot in the Dark since it has a weird tuning.
05EC8BC3-EB6B-4CCC-9370-4F6187F4A929.jpeg

No, although I do have a replica of that guitar signed by him! Got him to sign it when he came through town with Red Dragon Cartel last year. The one in the video is a So Cal that came with a maple neck that I swapped out for an old 80’s Charvel USA rosewood neck that I had lying around. I’ve got a replica of his blue burst as well that I use for Shot in the Dark since it has a weird tuning.
View attachment 41918

Wow - Respect!
Looks so cool man!

I like the Jake E. Lee era. I kinda lost interest in Ozzy after that. Not because of Zakk, more because I got into other things. The intro of Killer of Giants is one of the few things I still occasionally play.

I like the Jake E. Lee era. I kinda lost interest in Ozzy after that. Not because of Zakk, more because I got into other things. The intro of Killer of Giants is one of the few things I still occasionally play.
The intro is so awesome.

This is great - you guys really nail everything. The tones sound fantastic. Are you playing through your Xitone/CLR/ASM onstage?

Any chance of posting the presets used in that song especially at the start would be great.
Thanks Nick
Here ya go. This is for the Axe XL so you will need to use Fractool to convert it to something else. I have a version for the AX8 as well. I'm using an expression pedal connected to the Expression Pedal 1 port to control the delay feedback and level for the opening chords at the beginning where the delay trails ring out. Start playing the chord progression and when you hit the last notes of the chord step down on the expression pedal as you are picking them to let them ring out. There is already quite a bit of Ducking Delay on the preset but doing this really makes it sound like the album. After that you can just play the rest of the intro without doing anything. The Scenes used are as follows:
Scene 1- Rhythm
Scene 2- Lead
Scene 3- Intro clean sound (with expression pedal for opening delay on chords) Use bridge pickup
Scene 4- Clean part for the verses (Use neck pickup for this section and bridge for the intro)
Scene 5- Rhythm with some Flanger for the section after the guitar solo

Cabs used are factory cabs 161 and 162 in case they don't load or something.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Killer of Giants (Axe XL).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 44
Thats what I'm talking about. I love that song and you guys play it awesome! So no guitar cab on stage. Just FRFR right?
I saw a Doug Aldritch video where he shows that rapid fire pentatonic stuff kinda like Zakk. I have been trying to do it for years but its not happening. lol

Back
Top Bottom