Jackson USA PC-1 Project

It's bland AF I know - It looks nicer in person. I had one in solar finish a few years ago. That was a nice one!

This guitar will be used for D Standard and D Drop C Tunings. The orange Schecter will now be set up for C# Tuning.

Thank you. It is a beautiful guitar, and very well-made.

I ordered a small clamp tremol-no for it. I want to set it up, so it can be used in locked mode, full floating, or dive only.

They're ok but you can hear them acoustically and the set up with the back stop is a bit clunky. That and variety of other minor annoyances that I couldn't live with or quite a few of my picky costumers .

In detail;
The set up needs to be exact or it adds friction enough to affect the zero point.
Problems with the unit;
1. the hinges are very small and need to have no slop in them or it introduces movement. This is a contradiction as no slop means friction and friction interferes with the zero again. Slop adds clunk when you put your hand on it .
2. The piston design ,again slop or friction.
3. adding a loose contact point to the bridge just ruins the tone, damper if tight, rattle if loose and you guessed it slop and friction here are damper and rattle.
4. The down bend stopper is impossible to rest hard against the body of the cylinder without adding tension to the springs and that means it will go sharp if you disengage it. if you don't do this you can get a cent or two sharp before it stops.
5. The lock screws are very short and fall out easily.
6. The connection to the bridge is either a clamp or a pin and both are too easily damaged or just get loose.
So in conclusion it's a pile of badly designed shit.
A brand new one set up perfectly will trash your tone a bit and only just about work and you can feel it no matter how perfectly lined up it is.
They are staying in the bin.

Looks like someone does not know how to or take the time to install them correctly - then blames the product for his inadequacies.

Back
Top Bottom