Jackson Browne Austin City Limits

JB is one of my favorite if not favorite songwriters of that generation. These Days is an absolutely incredible song.

JB is one of our greatest songwriters ever. His sheer breadth of excellent songs is stunning.

This particular song is poignant in a way that resonates as you get older. The Linley solo's are (as usual) incredible.

-The superlative guy.

There is some GREAT guitar playing. I love how Jackson lets them stretch their legs
and take it out a bit more than on the recorded versions.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just watched it on demand. He's been one of my favorite singer/songwriters over the years, and this show reaffirmed why.

Last edited:
JB is one of our greatest songwriters ever. His sheer breadth of excellent songs is stunning.

This particular song is poignant in a way that resonates as you get older. The Linley solo's are (as usual) incredible.

-The superlative guy.
Its even more incredible that he wrote it when he was 18. Hearing him sing it now just resonates as if he wrote it yesterday about himself. Truly one of a kind.

The guy can do no wrong in my book. I appreciate his music in the past but, when I heard Solo Acoustic 1 and 2 and started to get into him I realized what a powerhouse of a writer he is. Now he is on a solid rotation for me.

Glad I am not alone. I thought it might not be metal enough.

I am a metal head. Doesn't mean that we don't love other things. =)

Greg Leisz is an incredible player. I was just listening to a bootleg of him with Bill Frisell playing material off their Lennon record and they were absolutely astounding. Greg has played with everybody from Joni Mitchell to Willie Nelson as well as years in various Frisell projects.

Love Jackson and he always has great players around him.

That was one of the best Austin City Limits I’ve seen in a long time.

Not to mention we were all watching a medical miracle.

That incredible songwriter/musician played that concert for all of us wile being kept alive by an artificial heart.

Wasn't that just a music video and metaphor for spiritual rebirth? I don't think he actually has
an artificial heart. There is a plant in Ohio near Cleveland that does make artificial hearts. Hence,
the song title.

Back
Top Bottom