I've turned something else!

Cobrango

Power User
nah I'm just kidding. But seriously, in this thread I'm wondering about what your freakiest / scariest / weirdest / funniest / album moments are?

and I don't mean best guitarsolo or other kind of best stuff. I'm talking about those times you've been listening to something and just have to rewind

for a part and listen to it over and over again. the kind of part that really makes you wonder "what the hell was that??" you know?

You will definitely understand what I mean from mine. So here I am enjoying my bucketheadalbum like all the others, when I just let it spin at the last track.. moments later this thing starts playing.. and it totally freaks me out. I mean, I got scared from it :shock I still think it's scary to listen to :eek-new:

If you want to listen to the whole hidden track - then you get the same feeling I had (or you can listen to the whole album on youtube for ultimate authenticity, lol),

but the freakiest part starts at 5:00. remember, I warned you :D :

On Derek Sherinian's Blood Of the Snake, album is a cover of an old song by Mungo Jerry called In the Summertime, the track ends and after about two minutes there is suddenly some talking. It's the last track on the album so the first time I heard it it took me by surprise.

Also Pink Floyd's Wish you were here, listening to the pre release playing of it on the radio, yes I can remember it :) there is the part where the radio seems to be tuning in just prior to the title track. We thought the radio had gone wrong and we were cursing as we thought we were going to miss the rest of it.

The first time I listened to Opeth's Blackwater Park record, I just sat there in stunned silence the entire time. I couldn't believe that music so dynamic, haunting, raging, and devouring could exist all in the same space.

I was driving my new car to a gig and listening to the Van Halen 1984 tape (haha) for the very first time.
Had it cranked, and the first song on side 2 was the amazing drumming intro for Hot For Teacher.

I thought the noise was my engine blowing up.
Scared the crap out of me.

I still laugh inside whenever I hear that intro

another one...

after 3 of us were driving home after a concert, one dude fell asleep in the back seat where the big speakers were (too big to put anywhere else)
We were listening to Dark Side of the Moon and the song Time (with all the clocks going off at the same time) was next up.
Cranked the stereo and watched the hilarity ensue. Dude jumped up out of the back seat with the most scared look I've seen.
Priceless

Occasionally I forget to check the levels when I toss in a CD and end up blasting myself. I remember doing so the first time I played Achtung Baby by U2. It was ridiculously loud and when I do that I fear the shock I put my studio monitors through. Well Zoo Station starts blasting and I instantly thought well now I've done it. My speakers are blown!!!

Was listening to a Steve Vai album for the first time and was thinking "... wtf? how do you even write stuff like that. So many bizarre little bits of odd time and stuff..." Eventually I realized the CD was skipping.

In a similar vein, was listening to Pink Floyd, and the CD started skipping in the beginning of "Sorrow". It was the most amazing dreamy ambient thing I had ever heard. I listened to it skip for about half an hour. There may have (ahem) been substances involved...

Remember listening to NIN's "Hurt" for the first time. WTF is that static? Check the cables from the CD player ... nope, these are OK. Bad CD? Nope, the disc is clean and there were no scratches. Strange! When I ripped it to hard drive, the static was still there. I thought: How do I get rid of this? Maybe I should take it back and get a replacement CD?

I figured it out, eventually.

CD-like skipping has boggled me a mo. Lots of times I've heard things on piano that I couldn't figure out how it was played...partly because I don't play piano.

In around 97, I thought it would be cool to assemble a bunch of various-aged printers as instruments. They have such varied sounds, even distinct pitches and combinations of them depending on what they're doing. I had no idea how they'd be controlled, and then there was the matter of triggering them, and exploring them....and even just accumulating them. I'm sure someone has done it by now.

Back
Top Bottom