I've recently been getting 'crackles' and 'pops' with my axefx2 when recording

Larcher

Inspired
This had never happened before, it was pop and crackle free. Even our 11 track album had like 18 gigs of DAW raw files in there and there were never cracks and pops. It all started yesterday after I plugged in my Presonus to record some vocals (which at this point exactly the pops started.) And then when I went back to my axefx 2 later for my default audio device (in cubase 5) the pops and cracks remained with playback and recording.

This is only happening in the DAW.

Any ideas?

I was getting the same issue. Changing USB port and reinstalling the driver fixed it for me. Happy camper now 8)

Buffer size should be ok.

If the USB port change/reinstallation of driver won't fix the problem, try to see if maxing the buffer size changes anything. Of course raising the buffer size may not be what you want but just temporarily change it to make sure that it's not the cause.

Buffer size 2048? How does that effect latency?
I set mine to 1024 in Reaper and it doubles the latency to 21ms. Just barely enough to be noticeable.

when I record my latency is between 45-56 with 2048 buffer size, I don't even actually notice the latency, but regardless, I'll give what knoll said a go and update further

Is this on windows 7? Because the latest updates have done something to computer and this is both on my fireface 800 and the Axe-Fx.

Where is the buffer? only ask because the latency in Reaper is killing me. I cant use it. Im not using ASIO though as I cant monitor then - so I have to use WAV and its about 24ms latency. Its unusable for me :(

if I can change the USB latency rather than Reapers will it help?

Back
Top Bottom