I've lost my Axe's input signal in Reaper

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I don't do much recording so I have a template made up in Reaper with all the routings set up, ostensibly so that I can start a new project easily without having to figure out all the routing and setting up each time. Since I last recorded I now notice that I can no longer get a guitar input signal via my Axe II USB. A couple of things have changed since I last recorded guitar in Reaper... I am now using Axe II firmware 11b, and I just installed Fishman TriplePlay on my guitar. Could either of these things have altered my setup? I've checked that in the Axe MIDI panel the USB Adapter Mode is set to On. Is there anything else I need to check there? I have also checked my Reaper device settings and they appear to be the same.

Unfortunately, I'm a Logic Pro user, but I'm sure that it works the same for all DAW software.

Find your audio settings. On a Mac, it's in preferences. Set your input/output to the correct interface (Axe Fx or Apogee/M-Audio etc)
Next, open up a new audio track and set the incoming track to be mono 1.
Click the track to record and mute the track. You should be able to hear your guitar, but not the tracks that is coming out of the track in your DAW (The latency will sound weird).

My audio interface is set up as an Aggregate Device. The rest is as you describe. I can't help thinking this is an Axe issue rather than a DAW one, since my Reaper setup has been working fine until now.

Is it showing up in the channel strip i/o in Reaper?

If not, might you have to update the USB drivers? I'm new to Reaper and on 8.xx on my Axe, but USB has worked fine for me, though I've not been able to sort out reamping via USB, which I think is related to drivers...

Have you checked the settings in Reaper for you Device under "enable inputs"?
I had the last input changed to 1, so I didn't get a guitar signal from USB either since that is on channel 3.
I had to set the last channel back to 4.

Is it showing up in the channel strip i/o in Reaper?

If not, might you have to update the USB drivers? I'm new to Reaper and on 8.xx on my Axe, but USB has worked fine for me, though I've not been able to sort out reamping via USB, which I think is related to drivers...

Guitar track says "Input 1: Mono"

Have you checked the settings in Reaper for you Device under "enable inputs"?
I had the last input changed to 1, so I didn't get a guitar signal from USB either since that is on channel 3.
I had to set the last channel back to 4.

Where are you seeing "enable inputs"?

Another reason why I think this is an Axe setup issue is because I also get no guitar signal when I try to use the Axe as a soundcard with my TriplePlay software (and Guitar Rig/Amplitube).

Have you tried re-loading the axe driver again? I've had issues where I hear no sound until I reload the AxeII driver from Fractal.

Reaper%20-%20Axe-Fx.png

Back
Top Bottom