I've lost Left Output 1

Teddyzee

I wonder if someone can help me troubleshoot.

Using Axe-Fx Ultra.

At the gig tonight, my Ground Control (old school two row/12 button job) stopped responding. It would not reboot- the screen would display the first startup word, but none of the pedal buttons light or any other function.

Okay, gear breaks all the time. Quickly selected one of my dirty lead patches, and I will just ride the volume on the guitar.
Eventually I get word that the guitar is no longer in the PA, no level at the FOH board. I had popped my earbuds out for some reason, otherwise I would have noticed this immediately.

Rebooting/power cycling the Axe-Fx did not solve this issue.
Unplugged the MIDI cable, checked both ends of the XLR... Usual stuff...

Setup is Axe-Fx, phantom power through a 7 pin to the ground control, Output 1 (mono, left channel) to the PA (Yamaha O1V 96 mixer onstage), Output 2 to a power amp/Marshall 412.

I grabbed a mic out of my stash for the 412 and finished the gig that way.

No other outputs were affected, only 1L. All inputs and internal meters work. Output 1R works fine when checked after the gig.

Strange- the pedal board would not work when powered by a second known working adapter. Dragged it home- yes, it now works, using the adapter from my rack that goes to the Fractal.

I was scratching head wondering what could have happened. Then I thought, maybe phantom power from the mixer did all of this? I did a ton of searching once I got home, read about protection diodes on the outputs of the Fractal.
Would some sort of surge get through the midi cable to the pedal? No other mics or anything seemed affected.

Now that I've written a book, any thoughts?

Thanks.

have you looked at your patches to make sure that when the midi controller acted up that it did not pan or lower volume in patches some how? double check your I/o settings. global settings.

Hey mate did you end up finding a solution to this I use mine 4cm into triaxis and I’ve got the same problem

Back
Top Bottom