AFIII I've been quiet... as I'm about to release my debut album. FREE PRESETS FROM THE ALBUM!!

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey folks! Hope you're all well. I've been a little quiet of late... and the reason is I've been busy working on my debut album! It's been a hell of a project and journey, but it's all done. 'Don't Look Back' will be released on April 23rd, but the album site is now live for you to check out, and contains audio previews and videos of the stories behind each of the 9 tracks of the album.

All tones were recorded direct using an Axe FX III and an FM3. To celebrate the release of the album, I'm going to be GIVING AWAY the presets I used in the recording of this album, for both the Axe FX III (basically, the full ZenRigs Morphing Preset packs) as well as the individual presets I created for the project, as well as presets I created for the FM3.

I'll share more over the coming two weeks, but please head on over to www.sukhryatt.com to find out more. Thank you!

Sukh (ZenRigs)

Don't Look Back banner.png

Hey folks! Hope you're all well. I've been a little quiet of late... and the reason is I've been busy working on my debut album! It's been a hell of a project and journey, but it's all done. 'Don't Look Back' will be released on April 23rd, but the album site is now live for you to check out, and contains audio previews and videos of the stories behind each of the 9 tracks of the album.

All tones were recorded direct using an Axe FX III and an FM3. To celebrate the release of the album, I'm going to be GIVING AWAY the presets I used in the recording of this album, for both the Axe FX III (basically, the full ZenRigs Morphing Preset packs) as well as the individual presets I created for the project, as well as presets I created for the FM3.

I'll share more over the coming two weeks, but please head on over to www.sukhryatt.com to find out more. Thank you!

Sukh (ZenRigs)

Don't Look Back banner.png

Good stuff, Sukh!

The Greatest Things is like Malcolm Young and Satch wrote a song together. I totally dig it. The video is great and the note is very special!

Don't Look Back also has a Satch flavor but I really hear it in the arrangement and movement of the tune rather than the playing. The groove is excellent and I like the electronic elements, too.

From My Window is sets a nice mood.

Great tones and playing all around.

Last edited:
Hey folks! After numerous messages about my upcoming album release, ‘Don’t Look Back’, asking about the possibility of pre-ordering, I’m going to set this up tomorrow.

So you’ll be able to order the album from tomorrow and get it on release day. Thanks so much to all that have messaged and for the support - it means a lot to me!

Going to sleep now - more updates (and preorder details) tomorrow (well, today, I guess) 🙂

Good stuff, Sukh!

The Greatest Things is like Malcolm Young and Satch wrote a song together. I totally dig it. The video is great and the note is very special!

Don't Look Back also has a Satch flavor but I really hear it in the arrangement and movement of the tune rather than the playing. The groove is excellent and I like the electronic elements, too.

From My Window is sets a nice mood.

Great tones and playing all around.

Ah, hey, thanks so much for taking the time to listen and post - I really appreciate the comments!
Sukh

Hi all! As promised, I'll be sharing little vids in the run up to the release of Don't Look Back, which is now available for preorder at www.zenrigs.com or www.sukhryatt.com

All tones were direct from either my Axe FX III or FM3 and I was really happy with the tones I got - so inspiring to play. I learned a lot about recorded tones during this project, even more so as I changed my monitoring system half-way through, which led to a little less tweaking than I previously had to do to go from a live tone to a recorded tone.

Although I'll post a video on the whole recorded tone thing later on, the key take-away for me was that I was nuts trying to create a tone that would 'just work' for recorded projects. The tones had to be in the ballpark to start with, but then needed to be sculpted in the mix to fit in the way they needed to against the rest of the track and instruments. No crazy cutting of lows and highs all the way through - it just depended on where the guitar was in the track. For example, I would sometimes start a track with the guitar with no bass roll-off, and then cut when the rest of the instruments came in. Sometimes I'd EQ a little differently for the solo section, or playout etc. It was never a case of 'find a record-ready tone, record everything and it just fits'. I NEVER recorded with delay or verb, unless a part called for something very specific (e.g. the crystal delay thing for the intro to Get Up) to ensure I always had the ability to tune those elements to work with the song. I never re-amped.

Anyway, more on that later! The album is a series of connected songs, telling a story of events and challenges (mental, emotional etc() I had to work through. I'm going to share the video story behind each song, and will start with Track 1: Pillars of Light.

And a request too, if I may! It would mean A LOT to me if you would take the time to subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you.

Cheers! Sukh

Hey there folks! Hope you're all well,

time for episode 2 from my 'Inside Don't Look Back' video story behind each of the tracks in my upcoming album. This one is for 'The Greatest Things', which has a very deep personal meaning for me, having been inspired by a note I found from my father, 12 years after he passed away. I found it while I was going through some very difficult changes in my life - as if it were a message from beyond the grave.

Anyway, check it out, and please check out the album page on my site. (www.ZenRigs.com)

As always, it would be a massive help for me if you'd take the time to subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you!
Sukh

Oh, and also, here's the music video for the song, where I share the message from my Dad. Must combine the two videos!

Hi all!

Next up is Episode 3 from my new album, which is about the title track, 'Don't Look Back'. This is about that state we all get into where we dwell on the past and wonder if things would have been different if only we'd taken a different decision, taken a different path, reacted a different way etc. Ultimately, it stops you living in the present, which is the only place you can influence 'what happens next'.

I recorded quite a freaky solo in this, which I think really captured the slightly tumultuous state my mind was in when I was thinking about the topic (and exercising my own demons in this regard). It's weird listening back to it now as I'm not in 'that place' anymore, but it really brings it back!

There's a story behind it, which you can check out in this video

And if you just want to check out the track, click here:

https://vid.cdn-website.com/688809be/videos/NHNZ4NiSJWuMMa4tZTVr_Don-t+Look+Back+-+complete-v.mp4

I hope you like it.
Sukh

Hi all!

Next up is Episode 3 from my new album, which is about the title track, 'Don't Look Back'. This is about that state we all get into where we dwell on the past and wonder if things would have been different if only we'd taken a different decision, taken a different path, reacted a different way etc. Ultimately, it stops you living in the present, which is the only place you can influence 'what happens next'.

I recorded quite a freaky solo in this, which I think really captured the slightly tumultuous state my mind was in when I was thinking about the topic (and exercising my own demons in this regard). It's weird listening back to it now as I'm not in 'that place' anymore, but it really brings it back!

There's a story behind it, which you can check out in this video

And if you just want to check out the track, click here:

https://vid.cdn-website.com/688809be/videos/NHNZ4NiSJWuMMa4tZTVr_Don-t+Look+Back+-+complete-v.mp4

I hope you like it.
Sukh

Awesome track!

Hi folks! I'm gonna skip to track 5 for the next one (track 4 is a short one about quite a difficult topic - go check it out on the ZenRigs.com/music page if you want to know more)

Track 5 is 'Get Up!'. The main theme of this song came to me about after I had been playing around with an open B tuning on my Hellraiser guitar and this lovely haunting yet beautiful thing just started to come out of the strings. I had a nice floaty crystal echoes type of preset on the Axe III and I recorded my initial improv while it was in my ears. It ended up being the intro of this song as, although it was sloppy in terms of timing, I could never recreate the vibe of the first time I played it.

Anyway, this song is meant to be a call to 'Get Up!' and get on with life - grab it with both hands and make it what you want.

I wanted it to sound loose and 'epic', I guess is the best way to describe it - kind of like an old adventure movie. I deliberately didn't play a melody line in the verses, and chose to leave just the haunting chords, as I wanted the listener to imagine whatever they wanted to imagine for their own story of 'Get Up!' here.

The solo was fun - I wanted it to be aggressive, but positive (as this is ultimately a song of positivity), and the Axe III just gave me what I needed tone-wise for this and I let rip!

Anyway, here's a little vid of me talking about the song and the meaning and some audio clips.

Hope you like it :)

Hello! Only 2 more days to go until my debut album, 'Don't Look Back' is released! How exciting.

So, here's another 'Inside' video for you from the making of the album.This is a really silly little number, to celebrate nights out for beer and curry (often kebabs too) with my friends. It's in honour of a curry house we used to go to a lot back in the day when I lived in a place called Fleet, in Hampshire, England.

The track is called 'A Night At The Gulshan'.

Please spread the word if you have a moment (it would be a huge help!), like and subscribe to my channel on YouTube, and be sure to check out the release of the album, which you can preorder now to get on Friday via my site (www.ZenRigs.com/Music) and also Bandcamp at this link: https://sukhryatt.bandcamp.com/album/dont-look-back

Thank you!
Sukh

Well, seeing as it's Cygnus day, I'll post this for the 2 people that might read it!

Here's the final video from the 'Inside' series of my debut album, Don't Look Back, which releases tomorrow, 23rd April 2021.

'From My Window' is the final track on the album and is about how, if you're lucky, you'll realise the world doesn't really change, but your perspective can, and that can lead to all kinds of happy stuff. I'll not rabbit on - check out the video if you fancy, which has an audio clip. It's a really upbeat and hopeful acoustic piece and rounded off my little journey just right. Hope you like it.

Hi all - just a very quick post to let you know that Don't Look Back is now released!

I'll post a proper update later, but if you want to check out ALL the tracks, you can stream them on my Bandcamp page:

Click on the image above for a full listen of Track 5 - Get Up!

You can also purchase from Bandcamp if you want to. However, if you want the preset packs I used to record this album FOR FREEEEE, then please buy the album from www.ZenRigs.com/music, and you'll get the ZenRigs Ultimate Preset Pack (including Morphing presets - normally £19.99 alone) for free, along with 2 presets that are compatible with the FM3.

Thanks for all the support and messages here and off-site. I'm going for a beer. Have a good one!

Sukh

Back
Top Bottom