I've been doing it wrong all this time, lol... (question as well)

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
So, the Xotic AC+ and BB+ were my main drives in the old analog days and have always been my go to's in the Axe. I've had a bit of trouble vibing with them as much since they were G3'd, so I've been experimenting with many of the others. It just dawned on me that for some reason, I've been using the tone control like many OD's have instead of the bass and treble knobs, which are what the real pedals actually have. I have no idea how I did this...since I used the real pedals for years, lol.

Oh well, getting much closer now, but the question I alluded to is: Are the Bass and Treble knobs at 0 (noon) in Edit the same as noon on the pedal? I'd assume yes, but just wondering.

AFAIK the control tapers that were modelled are the main ones in page 1 (Gain, tone and level) the B/M/T controls are there for further toneshaping, but not necessarily modelled as a certain pedal eq section. It's just a great addition to tweak the pedal to your particular liking.

AFAIK the control tapers that were modelled are the main ones in page 1 (Gain, tone and level) the B/M/T controls are there for further toneshaping, but not necessarily modelled as a certain pedal eq section. It's just a great addition to tweak the pedal to your particular liking.
well if they modeled the drive id assume they modeled the controls that are present on the pedal, since it has bass and treble and not a tone control.

Would certainly seem like a valid point jlynnb1, as I would expect the same. Fractal team, any input?

i use hi and low cut more than bmt to get what i want from the drives. maybe a little mid boost occasionally. the low cut can really help to get exactly the right low end response.

I've had a bit of trouble vibing with them as much since they were G3'd, so I've been experimenting with many of the others.

J - check out the ZenMaster drive. It's easy to setup and adds just enough overdrive for the P&W stuff we both do. Let me know your experience on that pedal too, I've just found it gives enough edge of distortion that doesn't add too much color to the amp sims.

J - check out the ZenMaster drive. It's easy to setup and adds just enough overdrive for the P&W stuff we both do. Let me know your experience on that pedal too, I've just found it gives enough edge of distortion that doesn't add too much color to the amp sims.

yeah i've played with the zendrive, it's definitely a great one. been using it and the sdd preamp as my main drives for about a month or so now, but really feel like using the B/T is getting me closer with the Xotics. I know I should care whether or not the controls match the pedal, to use my ears....and I do, but I'm also curious, because it's really opening these pedals up for me....now if I can just get a long with the crazy amount of level they have in the Axe. (i know it matches was Cliff has, just wasn't the experience I had. i'm having to run the level between 2-3 whereas it always much more of a noonish or more setting on the physical pedal for me)

Priory to G3, I was using a fair amount of high/low cut via the Filter block's Tilt EQ. G3 rendered it unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom