IV anywhere on the horizon?

About improved UI and touchscreen...
Menus are a clever way to navigate thru params, but... the more level we have the harder is usability.
A real amp has a menu with one level (the knobs and switches).
Axefx has multiple level menu, since we can't have thousands of knobs! But each time we "navigate" into levels, we loose the "real amp interface".
Axefx has physical nav knobs: to reach Reverb Mix, we had to go Global Setup, scroll trhu second level menù and select Rev mix. To select amp type, we have to scroll...
A touchscreen helps a lot to lower "scroll". Each "button/area" of the touchscreen is a nav knob. Maybe all system menus could stay in one "setup page". Each amp type in a page can be select. No more need for physical navigation knobs. More space for "functional" knobs, or switches (or I/O).

About improved UI and touchscreen...
Menus are a clever way to navigate thru params, but... the more level we have the harder is usability.
A real amp has a menu with one level (the knobs and switches).
Axefx has multiple level menu, since we can't have thousands of knobs! But each time we "navigate" into levels, we loose the "real amp interface".
Axefx has physical nav knobs: to reach Reverb Mix, we had to go Global Setup, scroll trhu second level menù and select Rev mix. To select amp type, we have to scroll...
A touchscreen helps a lot to lower "scroll". Each "button/area" of the touchscreen is a nav knob. Maybe all system menus could stay in one "setup page". Each amp type in a page can be select. No more need for physical navigation knobs. More space for "functional" knobs, or switches (or I/O).

Is it possible to set the physical knobs of the Axe fx III or FM9 globally to the most common parameters of an amp: gain, master, low, mid and high? That would really help in making quick on the fly adjustments.

Is it possible to set the physical knobs of the Axe fx III or FM9 globally to the most common parameters of an amp: gain, master, low, mid and high? That would really help in making quick on the fly adjustments.
Let's imagine each block/function has a "user parameters" knobs setting. Let's imagine a page on the touchscreen that allow to select each block. So simple and "analogish"... without touch screen we need a bunch of button (like Ultra).

Let's imagine each block/function has a "user parameters" knobs setting. Let's imagine a page on the touchscreen that allow to select each block. So simple and "analogish"... without touch screen we need a bunch of button (like Ultra).

So simply setting gain, master, low, high and of amp 1 globally to the physical knobs on the unit is not possible? That would be a very simple and practical solution to having amp style on board control. That would be most useful.

So simply setting gain, master, low, high and of amp 1 globally to the physical knobs on the unit is not possible? That would be a very simple and practical solution to having amp style on board control. That would be most useful.
If all you use is amp 1 it's ok. If you use a boost, a distortion, a wha, a delay and a reverb... not. Add some modulations. Add a second amp. Let's imagine a device with several instrument connected (say a bass and a acoustic player... how to quick access their tone?). The point is to give every possible user a easy interface, without overly complicated feature.

Since I don't use the front of my Axe-FX III Mk2 very often (as the Editor is my choice of communications with it), I don't really mind if the Axe-FX III has a touch screen or not. I'd rather have better amps, cabs & tone than a touch screen any day. YMMV and that's ok. :)

The global performance pages will do that for you. I added Gain, Tone, and Level from Drive 1 plus the most commonly tweaked amp knobs, and I can quickly tweak them all on the same page. It’s really great, and so intuitive. It’s also faster than tweaking an OD and amp in the real world to stack the gain just right; hell, it’s faster than adjusting those parameters in a software modeler too!

Back
Top Bottom