IV anywhere on the horizon?

skipreid45

Any word whatsoever? Surely it's already being developed. Just wondering how many more years before we have to start saving up for the IV.

Does TI or Analog Devices release the roadmap for DSP chips as Intel, AMD, and other CPU/GPU chip vendors do?
I expect it helps us to speculate the options for DSPs in IV at least

If I had to guess, Id say 2024 for the iv. Maybe a mkiii next year on the axe3. Just too many issues in the supply chain right now, and if I were Fractal I wouldnt rearchitect everything for some other available part, Id keep waiting.

I just can't imagine how long that waitlist would be lol I also imagine it's so hard to launch a new product right now. Fingers crossed the III just keeps getting better as I don't want to have FOMO on a IV LOL

Any word whatsoever? Surely it's already being developed. Just wondering how many more years before we have to start saving up for the IV.
I doubt there will ever be a IV. I think the technology has pretty much peaked. Idk how it could get any closer without having the actual amp that’s being modeled. And the III has every effect known to man and it does all of them very well.

I doubt there will ever be a IV. I think the technology has pretty much peaked. Idk how it could get any closer without having the actual amp that’s being modeled. And the III has every effect known to man and it does all of them very well.
Dsp, memory, more features like profiling, UI updates, wireless connectivity, theres a lot of opportunities still there. But I agree in principle that no one will need more than an axe3 for many years...

You heard 'em, Fractal. Better pack up operations.

Just joshin' ya.

Really the next wave of products will need:
-New UI (this is by far the #1 reason I read online where people chose a competitor's product)
- Much smaller form factor for floor units. Definitely gotta keep up with the likes of HX Stomp and QC here. I personally just can't lug the FM9.
-A suite of fullres IRs - maybe not a MUST but a great selling point
-Either profiling capability to profile pedals like the QC, or an update for pedal offerings. While I love what Fractal has, a decent numver of users at least on TGP say they prefer what Helix offers.

I agree that this generation is truly "there", but I think they can keep advancing and offering more.

You heard 'em, Fractal. Better pack up operations.

Just joshin' ya.

-New UI (this is by far the #1 reason I read online where people chose a competitor's product)
- Much smaller form factor for floor units. Definitely gotta keep up with the likes of HX Stomp and QC here. I personally just can't lug the FM9.
-Either profiling capability to profile pedals like the QC, or an update for pedal offerings. While I love what Fractal has, a decent numver of users at least on TGP say they prefer what Helix offers.

I agree that this generation is truly "there", but I think they can keep advancing and offering more.
No.

Okay seriously though.. New UI? Been hearing this over and over for like 5+ years. I have been using fractal since I was like 17 with the Axe II. Maybe it's a generational thing but using the unit is extremely easy and I have always wondered why people feel the need to complain about it. It comes across to me almost like fanboy wars or something. Like people with other units trying to justify to themselves why they didn't go full on with a fractal product. I haven't played a Helix myself, but I have used the native software. The axe editor is vastly superior to me. The front panel on the fractal is extremely easy for me to use. I just cannot understand this.

Smaller floor units.... FM3 comes out, everyone says it's TOO SMALL with NOT ENOUGH switches now it's too big.. God you just can't make everyone happy can you? Why would line 6 come out with the HX Stomp XL and POD GO if smaller is so in demand?

And the last argument you have there, confused me a little but it sounds like you are saying the drive pedals in the helix are better than fractals? That is absolute insanity. Not even trying to be a fanboy but that is crazy.

Seems like you are basing your opinion on what you read (on TGP). That's not really the benchmark.

Back
Top Bottom