iTunes through Axe II XL+

rtcook

Experienced
I am running Windows 8 connected to my Axe II XL+. No problem with Axe Edit or communication. I want to play iTunes through my Axe and play along. I used to be able to do this before on my Axe II. But, now when I switch the audio to the Axe II XL+ it still plays through the laptop speakers and not through my powered PA speakers. What am I doing wrong? Setting in the Axe? Bad driver? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger

When I switch to the Axe output as the default it still plays thought the laptop speakers and it appears that both are selected but I can't turn the one off unless I disable it. Then it's all quiet. No sound. I'm wondering if it's a driver issue and need to reinstall.

I had the same problem and had to change a setting in iTunes. In iTunes open the preference window by clicking the icon in the top left corner of iTunes and select preferences (or press ctrl and the , key). Then select playback at the top of the preferences window and at the bottom of that window I had to change "play audio using" from "Windows Audio Session" to "Direct Sound", press OK. Hope it works for you.

I had the same problem and had to change a setting in iTunes. In iTunes open the preference window by clicking the icon in the top left corner of iTunes and select preferences (or press ctrl and the , key). Then select playback at the top of the preferences window and at the bottom of that window I had to change "play audio using" from "Windows Audio Session" to "Direct Sound", press OK. Hope it works for you.

That did it! Trick was to restart iTunes after the change. Didn't notice message.

Thank you very much!

Roger

Back
Top Bottom