iTunes issue

L

luke

Last night I downloaded a CD into my iTunes, then I sync'd my phone to get the CD into the phone. All went as planned.

Now this morning, I come to discover, songs I purchased from the iTunes Store are no longer in my phone, but rather "in the cloud" only?

Please advise.

You are saying the phone is playing from the cloud. Is the original file still on your computer? I'm assuming that is where you originally downloaded it. Whenever I download from Amazon or iTunes, I move the files elsewhere on my computer so as to avoid such issues.

I don't allow my phone to eat up my data using the cloud, I discovered it while driving to work, while not in a wifi zone. At the office with wifi, I can listen to everything, but if I turn my wifi off, the songs are cloud only again. Never had such an issue previously.

I'm redownloading the songs now, I just don't understand how it happened.

Itunes match is a service that you pay for annually that will match the songs that you have in your itunes list and put them in the cloud, so you don't need have all your songs on your device but to grab them off the cloud. Basically it sees your songs and grabs the same version that they have and if there are songs that are unique it will put them up there. I have the service, but my catalog is so large I have issues sometimes.

I don't have that service.

Are you SURE? If you log into iTunes store, generally you will be 'by default' put into the cloud (Settings - iTunes and App Store?)

It is odd tho. I do the same thing (I have a playlist that is downloaded onto the phone for when I don't want to stream,) and haven't had issues.

Back
Top Bottom