It's time again: What new music are you listening to?

Anything that isn't angry/wanna-be angry, depressive, etc, etc. 'Metal' these days is about a total disappointment in this regard (particularly if it's by white kids with money).

More specifically, besides the special nuggets I find in the Recordings sub-fo, it's usually 80s.

Anything that isn't angry/wanna-be angry, depressive, etc, etc. 'Metal' these days is about a total disappointment in this regard (particularly if it's by white kids with money).

More specifically, besides the special nuggets I find in the Recordings sub-fo, it's usually 80s.

I don't mind angry (even though I'm not that young and pissed anymore), as long as it actually serves a purpose. Reviews that say 'I love the screaming' usually means it won't work... Very partial to 'Disturbed' and 'SevenDust'...

Marillion - "Sound's that can't be made" has been the best music gift that I have received this christmast

Marillion_-_Sounds_That_Can%27t_Be_Made.jpg

I keep playing Steve Morse on Pandora and Spotify. Then pandora keeps bringing up Vai and Satriani alongside Morse.

Going to add Gary Clark Jr. onto this list (seems I'm in a retro mood.) He's not doing anything different, but it's all COOL (feel the live Hendrix feel on 'When my train pulls in'. Yum.

I got a thing about Mountain: Nantucket Sleighride right now..
just can't stop listening to that track

I was into them big-time FORTY TWO YEARS AGO. :p

I'm not so much into the band as into that particular song....
42 years ago I think I was pissing me pants, mumbling all sorts of crap and dribbling
42 years later I can bask in the comfort of familiarity because nothing has changed..

Back
Top Bottom