It's Not a Tubes Only World Here ~ What Tube Amp Did You Keep??

gigrig_2012_72dpi.jpg

Now if I had this I probably would have kept it if for no other reason that it looks freakin' cool!

I'm hanging on to the Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary head, '78 Marshall JMP50 head, Original '65 BF Twin :D

1964 Fender Super Reverb, would like to find a matching Deluxe Reverb one of these days. I have several I wish I'd kept, but that one Super is the only one of the keepers left. Besides the Axe FX rig, there are only a couple of spares in the music room for drop in players.

No longer need others, just a few I'd like to have.

I have kept:
Komet 60 tweaked by Ken Fisher
Carr Sportsman
Magic Amps Brit
Marshall 20 watt PA head from the earl 70's
Swart AST
Fender Tweed Champ
Fender Tweed Harvard
Fender Tweed Princeton
Fender Brown Princeton
Fender Blackface Vibro Champ
Small Supro
I think thats all.

I've kept my Blackstar HT-20 head as a backup or a smaller practice rig. I don't have a cab yet though, will get on that as soon as I'm done paying off the AxeFX II! :p

I've kept 2 Diezel amps, which will soon grow to 3 (VH4, Hagen and D-Moll), Bogner 20thA-X, Mako Mak4, Bogner 20thA-Shiva is incoming. Axe has been great for desktop production, but it's not my thing when the music requires some thump.

Interested to hear what 7 is going to offer above and beyond the current set up.

Sold all my rack gear, but will most always keep my:

'69 Fender Twin (reverted to Blackface specs)
Bogner Shiva (not original version, and not 20th edition) w/ matching OS 2x12 V30's
Blues Jr. Tweed edition w/ Jensen upgrade speaker.

Will be building a pedal board as my "backup" rig or if I want to kick it old school!

Interesting Wezz, as you have some NICE gear. So IYHO the Mesa's including MV all sit in line behind the Diezel.

Yeah, pretty much. something about the vh4 channel 3 is just... i always liked the sound of the vh4 on recordings, but when i first played on vh4 ch3 i knew within playing two chords "must-play-diezel-vh4-every-day".

I had:

2x Mesa Mark IV one of the older A version (combo) and one newer B (head)
1 Mesa Road King 2x12 combo

Sold both of those and still have

1 Diezel Herbert..

Still have too many cabs though, need to move some of those.

Dave

Only Kept my Fender Super Champ XD (a Tube / Modeling amp itself)
Of course I only kept this because I use it for Noodling in my office (Axe2 Stays at Home)
Rocktron Voodu, GSP2101, GSP2112, Mesa Boogie TriAxis, Marshall JMP-1... All sold.

Suhr Badger 30 (head)
Matchless HC-30 (head)
Rebuilt '71 Vibrolux ( head converted)
EVH 5150III mini ( use with axe FX)

I kept my 6505 head and Recto 2x12 cab, and sold my Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster head when I bought my Axe Standard a couple years ago. In hindsight, I kept the wrong head. I honestly do not think I've put more than five total hours use on the 6505 since becoming a Fractal Audio customer (now a Axe II owner).

I haven't owned a good quality amp head before the Axe Fx 2, but I know that I will be buying one in the future if not only for having a backup, also for the sure simplicity of plug in and play. I've always liked the ENGL Powerball, maybe even a Diezel if I get the chance to try one.

I have kept:
Komet 60 tweaked by Ken Fisher
Carr Sportsman
Magic Amps Brit
Marshall 20 watt PA head from the earl 70's
Swart AST
Fender Tweed Champ
Fender Tweed Harvard
Fender Tweed Princeton
Fender Brown Princeton
Fender Blackface Vibro Champ
Small Supro
I think thats all.

Should I ask what Amps you got rid of :mrgreen

'64 JTM45
'65 JTM45
'66 JTM45
'67 JTM50
'68 JMP50
'66 Style 1 Bluesbreaker
2X12 18 Watt
2X10 18 Watt
1X12 18 Watt
'58 AC1/15 (original name for AC15's)
'60 AC15
'64 Deluxe Reverb
'59 Bassman
'59 Deluxe
Trainwreck Liverpool

Other amps are gone.........but I kept all my pedals.

Hmm

Mesa Boogie Mark V
Weber '64 Deluxe Reverb
68 Vibro Champ

Recently bought

Hughes&Kettner Tubemeister 18

The "2" can do all of them but its a sentimental journey

Roland

Back
Top Bottom